• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 help

L

leadfoot33

Aug 31, 2010
Prince George BC
hey guys i apologize for the long post now :p. i read through the forum and tried many different things to get rid of this top end bog. the sled has a new stator, ecu, power valves cleaned, new spider in the clutch, new valve servo and wires. new fuel pump. pressure is 44psi on the pump. the one thing i did find is that my air box was full of ice at the bottom. we cleaned it out let it sit in the shop for a couple days and it seemed to run good until i plowed the front end through a snow drift. i am thinking its still sucking snow. any other ideas?
sled is 2006 M7 all stock 2400kms. i do see some areas on the intake at the top that have about a 1' gap that doesnt seal the airbox to the hood. definetly a problem and will try sealing that first. any other info is great. thank you :)

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
I had an gap in a throttle body boot may be 1/2 in. on an 800 mc efi. As soon as I dropped into powder or bust through a drift with 3/4 to full throttle it would bog right now. The gap is only going to get bigger when under full throttle.

L

leadfoot33

Aug 31, 2010
Prince George BC
i had a look and am unsure as to how to get the lower part of the air box off that moutns by the fuel log and such. do i need to remove the front bumper to get in there and make sure everything is mounted correctly.
any help is great.
Thank you
Logan

L

leadfoot33

Aug 31, 2010
Prince George BC
anything else i should check. i dont think they had a lookl through my secondary should i look there as well? need more ideas of what to check. could this be the TPS? thanks guys any ideas are great and i will check them. i am just out of them and am not familiar with these newer sleds and this is my first cat

D

dp2826

Dec 31, 2007
NW Iowa
i was getting snow in through the headlight area. check that out and seal it up with silicone

Premium Features