• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1000 Questions.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
M1000 hp has been the same on all of them. Things you want on a upgraded 07-08,

1. you can change to the lighter DD, drops like 8-9lbs, on the 08 you can reflash the ecu and hook up a wire and get the E-reverse (requires a 09 helix too), the 07 you can't get the e-reverse but can change the DD for light weight.

2. 09 style rear tunnel/bumper

3. PC track, (2&3 will be the best mods for any older M even your m7)

If you find one with all that with low miles and everything checks out, it might be a good deal, might be.

The 07 has springs in the rear suspension and is 9 lbs heavier than the 08 but rides better, the 08 has a float but needs revavled to ride better, same as the 09-10 m1000's.

If you find one I can tell you what to check to make sure its a good deal, or at least as good as one can get.

S
Mar 17, 2009
backcountry and wyoboy

all im asking for is the facts on why the 09 is so much faster and better handling than an 08 saying its faster means zero

im under the impression that we all run the same motor which should mean the same hp
same hood
same lights
similar tunnel except they cut off a bit at the rear
similar suspension erw or dom steel tubing --- just a guess
same gearing dd
not sure if the pc track was on the 09s but i bought one for the gf`s m7 and it
sure felt heavier than her stock one they came in 80 or 90 duro hcr`s i believe
dont want to argue just want the facts

regarding the 08s rear float...i have not had any luck with revalving it...suspension still sags.....noticed that the new assaults went with a coilover in the rear and i would recommend it

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
the technical "hp" supposedly is the same, but the motor DOES feel different on the 09 compared to the 07-08. The computer is different. Also, I know people who have updated the computer, but it doesn't feel the same.

The little things like track & chassis are HUGE though, you can't under-estimate the difference they make.

things like the lower DD weight don't seem big, but somehow, on the 09, the little things add up to a big difference.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
From my experience Kaleb and Wyo hit the nail on the head with the comparison. Less rotating mass and track I see are the biggest advantages to the 09's. My stock 162hp M1K easily pulls both my buddies 07's that both have ~195hp in any condition/terrain with myself switching between sleds to see the differences myself. One of the 07's I ride with has the updated tunnel/rear suspension, ported CE 162 track too. A warranty and no messing with tuning sure made me feel good about my decision to pick up a new leftover 09 instead of a modded 07/08 for my "backup" sled.

R
Jan 25, 2009
Thanks again guys for all the good info, I guess what it will come down to is what my bank statement says come purchase time and what is available. No matter what year I go with there is no doubt in my mind it is going to give me quite a jump and I will be able to get to the places my M7 just wont quite take me.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
backcountry and wyoboy

all im asking for is the facts on why the 09 is so much faster and better handling than an 08 saying its faster means zero

im under the impression that we all run the same motor which should mean the same hp
same hood
same lights
similar tunnel except they cut off a bit at the rear
similar suspension erw or dom steel tubing --- just a guess
same gearing dd
not sure if the pc track was on the 09s but i bought one for the gf`s m7 and it
sure felt heavier than her stock one they came in 80 or 90 duro hcr`s i believe
dont want to argue just want the facts

regarding the 08s rear float...i have not had any luck with revalving it...suspension still sags.....noticed that the new assaults went with a coilover in the rear and i would recommend it

obviously you are not talking from experience, the only way you will understand is when you look past the short commings of the 08 and ride a 09 next to it. There is no comparison stock to stock.

for 4k get a 07 m1000.for 8k get a xp

I thought we where talking about using the money to get something worth it.

W

WINJE

Apr 15, 2010
Bellingham, WA
WOW

RIDER ABILITY YOU WILL RIDE BETTER ON A 2009 PERIOD.

I think everyone has there own points here and good ones at that, but just save and buy a 2009 period you will be happier no question. I havent riden that long.... But from the four 1000's i rode hey have all been different. Three 2008's and one 2009. First thing my sled is a 2008 but has every thing a 2009 has, Except the DD which would be nice but its not going to get me another 50yds up the hill. the other two stock, WAY different from mine ( its the track no lie). The 2009 same intake and can werid huh but whatever. My sled could pull on his it must have been the clutching because other than that they are the same. BUT all four of these sled rode so different it wasnt even funny, and no mine didnt ride the nicest in any way.

PR TRACK $650
RAILS $280
TWO WHEEL KIT $20
DD Well wait tell the 08 blows and then upgrade $750
Mine is a snopro i bought it for $6500 last year and a 09 was $8900 (NOT A SNOPRO) LAST YEAR I saved a little but i havent had to do my DD yet SOOO......

Last edited:

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
if i was going to go back id kept the 07 mapping thats why i sold it no matter how much weight you take off you cant take away the crank spinning at 7600 rpm thats what makes the weight i went from an 07 to the 09 mapping and no it was not the same it was way fat in the mid and they backed the timing off or changed the curve im not sure which.Ill say this my 08 M8 tial turbo 800 is faster and feels lighter than my 1000.I do kinda miss the torque the 1000 straight up has grunt
DSC01005.jpg

DSC00985.jpg

S
Mar 17, 2009
nice sled harf

fm racer - havent tried the track but might be a good buy

Wyo lol your pretty helpful - tons of good information..lol maybe its the ecu tube..lmao

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
nice sled harf

fm racer - havent tried the track but might be a good buy

Wyo lol your pretty helpful - tons of good information..lol maybe its the ecu tube..lmao

Ecu tube??? guess you had to be there

The track is a huge upgrade but the track also need the newer tunnel/bumper to work its best. Prob the best mod you can do, there are a few people I know that did this upgrade because of my 09 m1000, one was even a D8 turbo and now running a PC.

S
Mar 17, 2009
just teasin ya wyo

you got everyone in past posts watchin out for the kinked ecu tube

i did the tunnel mod on my gf`s 06 m7 last year

we dyno`d it before and after she gained 20 hp...sled rips now:face-icon-small-dis

M

Mnt bound

Aug 16, 2008
Western Colorado
All I can say is I have spent a good amount making my 08 into an 09.
PC track
Rear bumper mod
BDX lite drive (engine reverse after 09 update)

And I still wish it was lighter after:
EZ-ryde rear skid
Titanumum bolt kit
Front bushing kit
Can
2010 seat
Maybe its rider ability, but I can make a stock 2011 m8 handle better than my m1000.

Last edited:
K

kllongbrake

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 29, 2009
if i was going to go back id kept the 07 mapping thats why i sold it no matter how much weight you take off you cant take away the crank spinning at 7600 rpm thats what makes the weight i went from an 07 to the 09 mapping and no it was not the same it was way fat in the mid and they backed the timing off or changed the curve im not sure which.Ill say this my 08 M8 tial turbo 800 is faster and feels lighter than my 1000.I do kinda miss the torque the 1000 straight up has grunt
DSC01005.jpg

DSC00985.jpg

PLease don't take this the wrong way, but there's no periods in your statement so I'm having a hard time figuring out what you're trying to say. =) What were you trying to say about the crank(7600rpm) making the weight? Thanks. Seriously, not being a dick.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
just teasin ya wyo

you got everyone in past posts watchin out for the kinked ecu tube

i did the tunnel mod on my gf`s 06 m7 last year

we dyno`d it before and after she gained 20 hp...sled rips now:face-icon-small-dis

That was my assumption, but I try not to jump to conclusions without clarification.

What's funny though is you trying to change subjects to not look like a fool, same thing as admitting you really don't know. Don't be scared, you'll get it.

Stick around a little while you will understand that some things are posted that may or may not help, but rather very easy thing to check. Don't mock it, just the other day a guy checked everything over and over, then changed the belt and all was fixed, and once in a while its the baro tube.

S
Mar 17, 2009
been here for few years now wyo..i know how snowest rolls

some postees are quite knowledgable and others maybe just like to hear the sound of their own voice

im just getting gray waiting for you to tell me what makes the 09 gods gift to the mountains...thats it and thats all

im still not convinced on the heavier pc track on a lower torque 2 stroke but
ill ride the gf`s m7 a bit and see..

meanwhile what else makes the 09 smash the 08 and 07 and dont say tunnel mod
again...it hurts to laugh

Premium Features