• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP Pipe clutching

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
I'm putting a SLP pipe, PC V and intake on my '09 M1000. I'm getting it all locally and we're supposed to be riding tomorrow. The problem is my dealer doesn't have any of the SLP weight's or springs in stock. So I'm wondering what Cat clutch stuff comes close so I can get out tomorrow. SLP is calling for a Green/Silver primary and MTX 77g weights with 3g inner and 3g outer hole. Anyone have setups that I could use? Oh it's for 3000-6000. Thanks

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
I had the same setup, be sure to add the SLP Intake

or another companies Air intake Mod, makes a big difference. I tried to run mine with stock airbox, it was not good until I added SLP airbox Ebay $50

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
Yea I did get the SLP intake too. Still just waiting on a map from Racinstation before I can try it out.

K

kllongbrake

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 29, 2009
My 08 no updates with SLP exhaust runs cat 77g weights, yellow white primary spring. Driven is cat orange spring, SLP 44/38 helix with shift assist and 046 belt. 3000-6000 feet. I've got no complaints. Pulls hard out of the hole and holds 7600-7650. Let off uphill and get back in and it's right there.

R
Feb 2, 2008
Grande Prairie
Hey I'm in grande prairie and just put all that on my updated 08. Just got a map from Eric at racin station because slps map i burnt 3/4 of a tank doing field runs here at home in 1.5 hours. I'm running those mtx weight with 3 grms in each and slp blue and rk tec secondary with 40/36 and cutler red/white. Primary is shimed for weights and 060 belt. Trying it today in this new 3 feet of snow! Before I was holding 7900 rpm which will be perfect when I go to kakwa.

I'd go with 83 cats and stock everything else if I was you. I got some here if you like.

Last edited:

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
Hey Rye, let me know how that map works out for ya. I'm just waiting on my map from him before I put it all on. I picked up an orange cat spring for now just to get started and see where that puts me. I'm going to pick up some cutler adjustables when I get back to town for a day as well. How does that secondary work for ya? I'm looking at getting that too.

R
Feb 2, 2008
Grande Prairie
it works great. i love being able to adjust when i want but to tell you the trueth you don't really adjust much once its set especially where we ride anyway. But its nice having at least one form of adustment because i can't adjust these weights on the hill unless i bring a hammer, drill and chiesle....

Premium Features