• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 800 E-Tec with 189" track. Pics included

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
440... you gotta give it up.. even thought im not part of the 174 crowd up here, im aware..

seriously. if theres a good rider on the 174 you CANT follow them on shorter tracks unless you track poach your arse off. been there, seen it lots, big tracks work. I know the places a bunch of these fella's speak of, you dont get the priveledge of momentum. yes, you can still enjoy the piss out of a 153 all day long, same areas... just not the same lines/parts of the hills. I ride with plenty of 174's and think there freakin sweet.... also seen plenty of smack talkers come along, they dont go home thinkin the same after a day of playing unstuck in the woods.

Not gonna lie 189 is freakin insane big, and might start to hit the end of the "to big" concept... heck, i think my 162 is kinda short these days. but oh well, they are probably insane fun to ride.

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
440... you gotta give it up.. even thought im not part of the 174 crowd up here, im aware..

seriously. if theres a good rider on the 174 you CANT follow them on shorter tracks unless you track poach your arse off. been there, seen it lots, big tracks work. I know the places a bunch of these fella's speak of, you dont get the priveledge of momentum. yes, you can still enjoy the piss out of a 153 all day long, same areas... just not the same lines/parts of the hills. I ride with plenty of 174's and think there freakin sweet.... also seen plenty of smack talkers come along, they dont go home thinkin the same after a day of playing unstuck in the woods.

Not gonna lie 189 is freakin insane big, and might start to hit the end of the "to big" concept... heck, i think my 162 is kinda short these days. but oh well, they are probably insane fun to ride.

maybe give up as in i will never win on here your right but as of right now iam sitting here with nothing to do till i head to pasco so i will argue all i want:face-icon-small-hap

your post falls right in with the same "facts" as mine

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
I guess that you completely given up on turning altogether? Sure it looks good but how it will preform is another tale, bottom line is, the longer base = slower turn/more effort!

Ha, its your money spend it whatever way ya want! Paint it yellow

Right now in the pow the tracks are performing really really well.

I won't lie riding how I like to ride it is a bit more effort to make it do what I want, but not bad. I can still turn it where I turned my 163", so no I have not given up on turning.

Now if your 65-67years old it would make stuff lots easier.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
other 189" sled pics

Here are some pics of the other 2 189" sleds, for your viewing pleasure.

Here is the 2011 Pro RMK

The Pro RMK was done first and has roughly 400-450 miles on it, with no problems.

189 inch track 006.jpg 189 inch track 007.jpg 189 inch track 008.jpg 189 inch track 009.jpg 189 inch track 010.jpg 189 inch track 012.jpg 189 inch track 011.jpg

P

P Money

Nov 29, 2010
Denver, CO.
Those things are sick!! Sucks that you catch so much crap just for trying to share some pics of your toys though huh? There loss, I'd like to come ride just to have fun on one, not measure my trouser snake... keep up the wrenching-fun to do just because!! Even if no one else understands why...
P

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Right now on the trails into the riding 1 set of scratchers seem to be fine. The skidoos are still waiting on tunnel extensions so we can get a little extra heat exchanger back there. The Polaris is done, and he added some extra side spray to his scratchers to help even more.

As I said in a earlier post if you are close by or heading this way, and want to meet up with us, you are more than welcome to come ride 1 or all 3 for that matter. Just PM me a few days before you are heading toward Jackson Hole so I have chance of seeing the message.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Thanks for sharing, looks so sick :).
What gearing are you running on that?

The Pro is stock 163 gearing, the second Doo is stock 163 gearing, and the doo in the first post is geared 22/49. All seem to doing very well, and fairly low belt heat.

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
What is the actual difference in sq.in of track on the ground. Robbie from Avid says his 174 x 3" has 528 sq.in. of track on the ground not counting the paddles from the drivers to the rails. Actual track touching the ground. Just curious what the 189 has.

528/15=35.2" of track on the ground...Uhmm? My 155 has about 56" of track on the ground....about 840 sq. in. of track "on the ground"

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
Interesting, can you post a picture of the splice? and is the splice holding up ok? Dont know if id trust glue and bolts to a big power turbo tho..;.On the other hand i'd love to see a 155-20 3 inch track...lol nice job btw :face-icon-small-win

I

idaho ride

Nov 7, 2010
WASHINGTON
im gona step up because thats bs!

longer tracks are not crutches. they simply open up more opportunities and better snow. i came from a 144 to my 163 and there are days that chris buradnt couldnt follow me on a 154 the snow is just that deep and that steep.

this is getting good!

best of luck to ya Mr. 154, your gonna need it lol. come on man the snow was sooooo deep in island park idaho at christmas that i couldnt go up a slope with my 163 xp that i have climbed on a 1974 snowjet in the past lol.
grow up petter pan. THIS TOPIC IS NOT A MATTER OF OPINIONS, ITS FECKING MATH DUDE!

Last edited:

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Here are a few pictures of the splice. So far there are no signs of the splice coming apart or starting to tear. It ins not from lack of trying either ran over several logs and rocks this past weekend. The sled just shot right over it all.

Made a couple of rear suspension adjustments this past week and holy cow. Did they make the sled feel light without doing anything to the limiter strap. Handles just as good as the 163 in the timber now. In the trees you pick up speed soooooo much faster than on the stock track.

If we ever get a good sunny day I will try to get some pics of the 189 vs a 166, 163 and 154 on good hill.

189 inch track 028.jpg 189 inch track 029.jpg 189 inch track 030.jpg 189 inch track 031.jpg

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
this is getting good!

best of luck to ya Mr. 154, your gonna need it lol. come on man the snow was sooooo deep in island park idaho at christmas that i couldnt go up a slope with my 163 xp that i have climbed on a 1974 snowjet in the past lol.
grow up petter pan. THIS TOPIC IS NOT A MATTER OF OPINIONS, ITS FECKING MATH DUDE!

i think you quoted the wrong dude,

Premium Features