• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MPI 180 Turbo kit?

autopro

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2006
Vancouver Island BC
MPI 180 Turbo Kit

Just received new turbo kit and I am very impressed!!! Looks well engineered and easy to install.Looking forward to having boost!!! I will post pics later with progress and time involved to install.
Autopro:)

M
Nov 26, 2007
Won't be in the states this year. Only in Canada. We were asked to develop a true high quality bolt on kit for the nytro by a certain snowmobile manufacture. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Soooooooooooo, Yamaha is going to dump PUSH and go with the MPI Turbo and SC kits.

Fireman35

Lifetime Membership
Aug 11, 2009
Burlington,WI
I rode a 162 with the push on it. it was a very smooth throttle and fun to ride im sure mpis' turbo will be as good. I would volunteer my services for durability testing...

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
I heard the main reason push was dropped was they couldn't keep up the demand. They had a contract to produce a certain amount of kits a year and didn't deliver.

The main differences I know of the push vs mpi is mpi uses a Mitsubishi Turbo where push uses a Taiwanese Turbo and no scavenger pump. I can't confirm that just what I was told.

L

luckyjones

Oct 21, 2009
south dakota
i got my mpi turbo kit a week or so ago. it was packaged great everything wrapped nicely and turbo was partially assembled w muffler and exhaust tube bolted on. very nice quality.
how easy is it to install...... well my nytro was stock as far as muffler, intake and engine go and i had never had the tank or muffler off. the instructions were not in my kit but i figured what the heck i'd try to put it on anyway. in 4 hours and by only looking at the pictures on this forum, i had it apart the turbo bolted on, charge tube installed and the boost manifold bolted on. a small oil fitting was forgotten in my kit and if not for that i could have been riding the sled in what id guess is 6 to 7 hours of totall work time. it is truly bolt on easy. darren awnsered my questions and was very nice to work with. if he didnt know the awnser hed find out and call me back as soon as he did know. GREAT guy to work with!! Matt at MPI hasnt been a slouch either. he has been very helpfull and returned my calls promptly. i cant wait to get some seat time on it. i ride from 1300ft to 10000ft so well see how it handles that real soon. pretty sure its gonna tame the arctic cats i ride with:face-icon-small-coo
Props to Darren at E&S and Matt at MPI

Fireman35

Lifetime Membership
Aug 11, 2009
Burlington,WI
Lucky did you order that direct from MPI? I thought those were not getting rolled out here in the states this year? Matt any input.

L

luckyjones

Oct 21, 2009
south dakota
i talked to darren at E&S and he hooked me up. nice guy to deal with. not sure what the US availability will be though. i had my name on one way early and it sounds like they are moving pretty quick. as far as im concerned the fit and finish was top notch.

E
Dec 25, 2010
Fort Sask
MPI turbo

The MPI turbo is available in the US. It will be drop shipped from MPI saving you the hassles of shipping across borders and I believe you will be saving your state tax also ? Luckyjones is this true? BTW Thanks for the complements, Both MPI & E&S are working very hard to make customers happy with this kit-Darren

S

Scott1

Oct 7, 2009
Black Hills S.D.
Just talked to Darrin at E&S the kit is the same price as the push kit, and it will be upgradable to run higher boost levels, Sweet!

Matt@MPI

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2010
The main differences I know of the push vs mpi is mpi uses a Mitsubishi Turbo where push uses a Taiwanese Turbo and no scavenger pump. I can't confirm that just what I was told.[/QUOTE]

Yes this is correct.

E
Dec 25, 2010
Fort Sask
Order it form E&S in Canada and it will ship direct from mpi.
Scott1: You are correct, there is a limited supply that MPI can drop ship as they are moving fast. MPI is going to do another run of these as they have been very popular. It is a great kit that in my opinion under priced. Darren

autopro

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2006
Vancouver Island BC
MPI 180 Turbo Kit

Turbo install went well. All parts are engineered well and are very high quality.
l didn't have to modify any of the parts to make them fit. Kit can easily be installed in a week end. Tried it out this week end with over 2 feet of fresh snow and was very impressed with the performance. Power was very smooth with no turbo lag. This is the kind of performance that should of been put on by Yamaha stock. I can't report on boost levels and AFR because I had problems with my gauges. I'll have the gauges fixed this week so I will report the readings after this weekend. Darren from E&S was very help full with any questions I had.Hope to install MPI'S new intercooler when it is in production.
Autopro

T
Mar 30, 2010
so the mpi turbo kit will replace the push kit in the 2012 yamaha catalog? then u will offer a 180hp supercharger and a 180hp turbo kit, if i am understanding this right

Premium Features