• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

who pays?

S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
I guess it takes a special kind of control freak and a complete lack of trust in your partner to keep money separate?

Well i hope this isn't the case cause I'm voting for the money to be seperate in my relationship and i don't think i'm a control FREAK or untrusting... but maybe my BF can speak to that stuff better, I'm biased!!

Anyway, where in the world are you going with this Tim?? post some pics up of your recent IP trip, I can't belive we were down there are the same time and didn't link up!!! (actually I can, I was with my family and HOLY HEARDING CATS BATMAN!!! hahahhahaha)

S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
on a train headed for nowhere... 10-4 no worries... i'm ok with that.... almost got to get out with your bro the other day but i was a slacker and didn't get back to him... just so much going on with the house so i decided to stay home and take care of business...

anyway, hope to catch ya out on the snow one of these days! and maybe kerrie too!!

Last edited:
F
Nov 30, 2007
Sexsmith, AB
Here is how it plays out for my Bride and I...

We both made around the same earnings, and have separate accounts, she can access my money any time if need be. We split the bills down the middle.

For "my trips" (sledding) I pay for the sleds the gas the parts and I do the repairs
(lots of repairs) I plan the trips and she jumps in for the ride.

For "her trips" (Scuba diving, the City, etc.) she pays and does all the planning and I just jump in for the ride.

There are No trust issues that I'm aware of and we have been happily married for 12 years...

E

EagleRiverDee

Dec 15, 2009
Eagle River, Alaska
My sweetie and I went halves on our first set up- four used sleds and a four-place trailer.

Since then, I bought my new sled and have paid for the shop maintenance on it- also bought the new track for it. He bought his new sled, and also a new(er) one for his 15 y/o son who quickly outgrew the old 340.

However, my sweetie pays for the gas/oil nearly every time we ride and he just bought me some Powderhounds for Christmas and installed them.

So I guess you could say we pay our own way on equipment, but he pays for the gas and oil. But he makes twice what I do, too! :face-icon-small-ton

S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
Here is how it plays out for my Bride and I...

We both made around the same earnings, and have separate accounts, she can access my money any time if need be. We split the bills down the middle.

For "my trips" (sledding) I pay for the sleds the gas the parts and I do the repairs
(lots of repairs) I plan the trips and she jumps in for the ride.

For "her trips" (Scuba diving, the City, etc.) she pays and does all the planning and I just jump in for the ride.

There are No trust issues that I'm aware of and we have been happily married for 12 years...

i like this method... i guess I can say d and I implement this a little bit too. i have some trips i HAVE to do and i know they're not TONS OF FUN for d... sometimes we just do our own thing when i have a MAJOR agenda but if the tirip is my idea and more about my thing then I try to pick up the bulk of the cost...

Bagger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Central WA
It all goes into a pile here...... we make about the same, work just as hard for it, and we do everything together.
I was a little sketched out about combining funds when we got together (16+ wonderful years!) but she manages money way better than I do, so I let her!
This was to be the year for her to get a new sled, but she surprized me and we both got one! Nice... see what I mean about she does better than me with the money?!?
I do all the maintenance work, but if I ask for help, she's right there, we do all the little things together, fuel, oil and cleanup.
I think as long as you have a system that ya'll both endorse, it's good.
This is an interesting thread!

Bag

O

Oregongirl

Jul 25, 2002
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Every couple has their own way of handling finances. What works for some, might not work for others. It's all good....as long as it WORKS.

With that said.....about sleds.....

It's his truck. I think we split the cost of this latest sled deck, but I can't remember for sure. It's my toyhauler. Ultimately we each pay for our own sleds. He buys the diesel. I buy the premium. If I get the rooms, he gets the meals, etc. He does most the maintenance, but I can and have worked on mine. Parts, repairs - we take turns. At the end of the day, we are each other's riding partner, so there is NO benefit for one of us to be left at home.

43 days, Tim. 43 days! Hugs to your pretty wife. :heart:

L

lshobie

Oct 22, 2009
Count yourself lucky that your wife likes to ride, I'd be happy to buy a sled and anything else my wife would need if she wanted to go sleddin - but that isn't the case.

F

foxyrmk

Nov 26, 2007
Milton-Freewater, Oregon
myspace
Every couple has their own way of handling finances. What works for some, might not work for others. It's all good....as long as it WORKS.

With that said.....about sleds.....

It's his truck. I think we split the cost of this latest sled deck, but I can't remember for sure. It's my toyhauler. Ultimately we each pay for our own sleds. He buys the diesel. I buy the premium. If I get the rooms, he gets the meals, etc. He does most the maintenance, but I can and have worked on mine. Parts, repairs - we take turns. At the end of the day, we are each other's riding partner, so there is NO benefit for one of us to be left at home.

This is how it works at our house, and we are both perfectly happy about it, although he does most of the fuel, but I do buy the goodies for us to wear.

Premium Features