• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Slowest back in effect..

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Do the people that paid get priority in the connection pool? :)
So far as I know there is no way to allocate connections based on user ID or IP.

Our goal is to make it so that all 15,000 of our currently active members can be online at the same time.

But a well orchestrated DOS attack can still take us down by massively overwhelming the servers.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Naaaa........you're just posting from the future! :face-icon-small-win What's the future like anyway? :)

Edit: guess I'm in the future too! LOL

Lots of broken polaris motors waiting on parts....Burants sled still running strong and still the most "flickable" sled on the hill!
Of course he is riding for Doo now.

:typing:

hypnotoad

Lifetime Membership
Mar 21, 2009
Our goal is to make it so that all 15,000 of our currently active members can be online at the same time.

But a well orchestrated DOS attack can still take us down by massively overwhelming the servers.

so all it takes to overwhelme the serve is what 1200 people? cause that's been the average online users online lately, and half of them are guests and are unable to even post.

the server use to beable handle much larger amounts than that, Most users ever online was 7,603, 11-16-2009 at 09:25 PM. so how is it that a year later the site can't handle a quarter of that with out crashing?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
so all it takes to overwhelme the serve is what 1200 people? cause that's been the average online users online lately, and half of them are guests and are unable to even post.

the server use to beable handle much larger amounts than that, Most users ever online was 7,603, 11-16-2009 at 09:25 PM. so how is it that a year later the site can't handle a quarter of that with out crashing?

And that is why we think it was just simply user use......

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
So were the DOS attacks malicious? Pretty much EVERY forum I have been on has been taken down from a DOS attack at some point.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Lots of broken polaris motors waiting on parts....Burants sled still running strong and still the most "flickable" sled on the hill!
Of course he is riding for Doo now.

:typing:

Is that hate or envy? I wouldn't wish broken down motors on new sleds to anyone.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Is that hate or envy? I wouldn't wish broken down motors on new sleds to anyone.

He's referring to my Poo. Buuuuuut, his Doo is in my garage waiting on parts also. hehehe. Nothing like all of us waiting until the end of summer to get our sleds ready for winter. :crazy:

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO

lol...yeah thats what I was doing

:face-icon-small-con

and just to clear things up....I wasn't really in the future

;)

Last edited:

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
It's horse5hit again tonight.

I'm sure glad we got a thousand different catagories, interactive invasive advertising & countless other useless features.

I didn't have a problem paying for this site, but we literally paid to have it all fudged up.

Thanks,

Thanks alot.

hypnotoad

Lifetime Membership
Mar 21, 2009
And that is why we think it was just simply user use......

how is this even possible. didn't some of the money from us paid members go to upgrading the server equipment? or is all the these gay ads using most of the server, severely limiting user use.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I'm pretty sure it is that top left corner ad that is bringing down the server. The animation and refresh rate when it is activated is too much for the SW server to handle.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
I didn't vote for change in '08, but I'm voting for change now.

I AGREE! I have been a supporter all along, but 2 nights in row with only 1,400 users on line is not the reason for the slow down. Turn off all the annoying animation and other useless frills and get this site going.

E
Nov 26, 2007
oregon
Went to the upgrade page today as supporting our sport in any way is important, and I certainly use snowest alot in the season. Which it isn't just yet. Last night, couldn't access at all. Today got denial messages, and slow, slow, slow. History appears to be repeating itself, so I'm hanging onto my $$ until this site works well during the busy season. Too much user use for now...

Premium Features