• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Slowest back in effect..

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
been crazy slow lately....plus getting locked out with the database error page?

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Happened the last 2-3 sunday nights. Database errors will go on for an hour or two.

I'm sure it will get worse once we get into the riding season. Eric

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I almost had to TALK to my wife!

:fear:

:eek: :behindsofa::scared::jaw::bolt:

I haven't been on most of the evening to experience this, but I have forwarded this to the Mod forum to see if there is an explanation.

I sure hope it's something simple:face-icon-small-sho

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Last night our Database server was seeing a really high number of connections, more than it is capable of supporting.

As the evening went on and it hit its max limit, it would return the "Database Error" to people trying to connect.

But the more people tried to connect, the more connections failed.

This put that server into the classic "Death Spiral" where the load increases exponentially from everyone clicking on Refresh.

This happens from time to time and its easy for us to fix just as soon as we become aware of it.

BUT..

Last night something different happened after we resolved the connections issue. The Server had a full blown crash, which we have NOT seen in 9 months!

This caused us to have to do a full cold reboot on both servers, which took us offline for a good hour.

We will be making some changes this week to see if we can put the servers into a better position to prevent this from happening again.

Premium Features