• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Comments about the PM about Thunderstruck 9 Teaser

D

Doc Zoom

Nov 26, 2007
Helena, Montana
www.mountainmodmania.com
Well put Tom, yeah, I used to advertise with SnoWest, but when my competition never has and probably never will gets more free press, it kind of sours you on supporting them. Its nice to see I'm not the only one pissed about this. There are other magazines out there, other forums.

Doc

PowderCrew

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
in the shadow of the Rubies, Nevada
Well put Tom, yeah, I used to advertise with SnoWest, but when my competition never has and probably never will gets more free press, it kind of sours you on supporting them. Its nice to see I'm not the only one pissed about this. There are other magazines out there, other forums.

Doc

Who's "DOC ZOOM"?:spy: Whadd'ya sellin'?:becky:

X

XXL

Jan 18, 2006
Wilsall, Montana
Hey, sledskiing, I read it again, the only thing I see is you backpedaling to save face. You posted "I have purchased a video the last 3 years at the Denver Snow Show. Not this year." Pretty straight foreward statement.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
so i guess i am off your Christmas card list. damm
If you advertise for his christmas list, shouldn't you advertise for everyones? This isn't fair, what about everyone elses christmas lists that are just as good? Who decides the lists anyways? I want my input cause I know best.

:face-icon-small-sho

ha ha.. happy friday! Go hump something!!

Message for ADMIN

... The TS9 teaser was sent out solely because of it's quality and general appeal...
You, sir, are an idiot if you think anybody is buying that. Your SPAM was sent for no other reason than to draw people to the SW site and pad the ever dwindling traffic numbers. That much should be obvious to everybody. A bigger man would simply admit it and move on.

I will say that I was very disappointed with the way you were running the site, and had left months ago. But, I left with the door to return open. I was planning on coming back in the fall to check in and see if all the acute stupidity and arrogance had been tempered at all, and to see if the site was on the road to recovery. However, I have finally realized that there is no hope for SW as long as you are at the controls here. Using the ADMIN notification system to send SPAM to all the SW members, and then not realizing why people take issue with that, finally proves that to me.

I am leaving again, and sadly, I will not be back. It is heartbreaking to witness a good friend die. But it is simply pathetic to cling to that friends cold dead corpse, hoping beyond hope that the eyes will somehow open, and the heart will start beating again. There comes a time when a man just has to let go.

I do miss the old SW. But, that place no longer exists. Please delete my account in it's entirety.

-Rod

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
boohoo life's not fair, I want my mommy. tudizzle = :Cry:baby! next time try keeping your opinion to yourself, no one wants to hear about it!!

Go back under your bridge troll.

It's surprisingly easy to not click on a topic if it does not interest you.

Oh, and AK-rider... that won't happen. Deleting your account would decrease the active users, and that's not going to happen.

Last edited:
C

clutch man

Sep 8, 2009
La pine Oregon
Go back under your bridge troll.

Oh, and AK-rider... that won't happen. Deleting your account would decrease the active users, and that's not going to happen.

Damn it I agree with you what the hell it the world coming too:hurt:.
We are still a free country and if you don’t like something, voice it.
Even if you’re not the majority, be heard.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
If only the same could be applied to a pm. Imagine the possibilities! I am guessing world peace would be easy compared to this...

Did you hump something yet? :face-icon-small-win

P
Dec 7, 2007
Mill Creek, WA
AK-Rider wrote it pretty well. This is another example showing that the new administration has no idea what the 'membership' wants in a forum. And, if you're going to charge, then you become accountable to the membership for your actions, and decisions.

As far as this PM hurting the Thunderstruck film sales, I don't think it will, and I hope it doesen't. Jim makes good films, and they are fun to watch. But, so do lots of others, and they are fun to watch as well.

So, we again come full-circle, and are right back to the principle of the issue. I don't have access to a "SW all" distribution list to send everyone with an account a private message telling them about a cool product. Christopher does. And in this case, he misused his power. Now, when he put out that letter the Susie wrote just after the Revy Avalanche this past year, to me, I felt that was completly appropriate, and I thank him for making that choice. But that did not have marketing ramifications. It dealt with an announcment, (a very sad one) and I'm sure it helped some of those affected by that tragic event in the healing and grieving process.

Christohper, if you are still reading this thread, do you have any idea how much grief you would save yourself if you just appologized (this might be worth a group PM, since you orignial error was as well) for a judgmental error? If you want to be successful in this environment, you need to begin to open your eyes, and open your heart and take in what people are trying so hard to tell you.

I still think that a huge step in the right direction would be to establish yourself a 'member' alias, in addition to your 'all-powerful "OZ" ' alias.

PE

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
boohoo lifes not fair, i want my mommy. tudizzle = :Cry:baby! next time try keeping ur opinion to yourself, no one wants to hear about it!!

^^^^^...ok snowmobiler..you made the first move...you showed your turd..^^^...and named it beerwalker..i will possibly pay double for your klims now..lol..

Premium Features