• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

template for using early diamond drive in late model chassis ??

Tonysnoo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2004
No. Nevada
Has anyone made a template to use an early model diamond drive in a later(08) M8? I want to build one but don't need to reinvent the wheel if some one has one to sell. It looks like I need to use the early drive shaft too.

I recently pulled the drive out of an M8 I bought and started to cry cause it was so heavy compared to the one in my M7. I'd prolly buy an 09(if I could sell the 08) but I have early spares with the right gear ratio.

Are the 09-10 drives comparable in weight to the 05-06?

R

Rms Rydning

Sep 30, 2006
North Norway
Has anyone made a template to use an early model diamond drive in a later(08) M8? I want to build one but don't need to reinvent the wheel if some one has one to sell. It looks like I need to use the early drive shaft too.

I recently pulled the drive out of an M8 I bought and started to cry cause it was so heavy compared to the one in my M7. I'd prolly buy an 09(if I could sell the 08) but I have early spares with the right gear ratio.

Are the 09-10 drives comparable in weight to the 05-06?
If you do that you gona need a 05-06 trackshaft.

BDX have what you need, box and shaft.. 05 internals in a new case so it fits the 07 and upwards. They might sell you the case if thats the only thing you need. Give them a call..

Last edited:

tatorsalad

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
track shaft

I have one for a 06 m-7 and the 07 m-1000

Tonysnoo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2004
No. Nevada
I think what Rydning was trying to say was check out BD extreme They have everything you need..

http://bd-xtreme.com/

Thanks, guys, Ill call to see what they have. The web talks about a different shaft than they sell for the 05. I may still try to make an adapter plate, I put an 08 tunnel on my 05 last summer, so i have the outline of the 05 DD over a few holes in the outline of the 08 DD. Might be kinda fun to try on a sat afternoon.

Hey tater, is your 06 shaft the updated one with the short bolt? I might be interested if so.

Premium Features