• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

primary clutch replacement

P
Feb 28, 2008
Castlegar BC
so my primary rollers are finished. is it a big deal to get the primary clutch off? i see that the socket for the nut is easy to come by, but do i need anything else in terms of special tools? i think i'm just going to replace the clutch all together rather than try to take off the spider and replace the rollers.

vdo1948

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eastern South Dakota
You'll need a clutch puller to actualy get the clutch off. Cat and some aftermarket makers have them. You may want to do a search on here for tips on how to get them off easiest. Several threads over the last year or two. Here's one: http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=214203&highlight=clutch+puller and here's another http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105576&highlight=clutch+puller My expereience is grease the tip and threads well, tighten it up good, couple whacks on end with hammer. If it doesn't pop, retighten and a few more whacks. The longer it's been on, the harder it will be to get off. Good luck!

offroadmatt

Lifetime Membership
Feb 16, 2008
Sweetwater, CO
Shouldn't be a big deal, mine popped right off. Would recommend changing the whole clutch. Call Michelle at First Place Parts, she usually has clutches at discount prices this time of year and if she doesn't she will still have them the cheapest.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
there are several pullers, make sure you get the right one, Michelle (Free Agent) can help you with to:face-icon-small-hap

S
Feb 21, 2009
grade8 puller

My next one will be a grade 8.My arctic cat one bent real quick,but it did get it off....

Last edited:
Premium Features