• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 M1000 exhaust set up?

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
We don't waste our time talking to the companies because they will make whatever the douchebags that buy their products want. It's the reality of retail.

Loud pipes save lives is the MOST RETARDED COMMENT when it comes to sleds.

WE DO NOT DRIVE ON THE ROAD, QUIT USING A RETARDED COMMENT FROM A TOTALLY DIFFERENT SITUATION & USING IT HERE.

Skiers aside, People with obnoxiously loud sleds are obnoxious. As this industry has grown over the years we have figured out ways to make power without just making an obnoxious amount of noise, nobody wants to listen to your obnoxious stinking can that loses you power.

btw.. i have skiied a few times and must say not that good.. lol! sledding is the best winter fun period.

Obnoxious! (I just wanted to say it ONE more time...:face-icon-small-hap)

i guess opinions are like a**holes... everyone has them right!? to me the issue is noise here. it dont matter if we drive down the road or sled in the hills. if people dont like it they are going to get pissed off and complain. :hurt:

it seems like its backcountry people are more anal about it. there is lots of mountain out there man... :face-icon-small-con i just dont understand. i guess all i know is how to be " obnoxious " with my power robbing can. :face-icon-small-ton
chow

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
i guess all i know is how to be " obnoxious " with my power robbing can. :face-icon-small-ton
chow

Do you think that that can you have gains you power as it gets louder?

The way you stated that, it makes it look like you think that the can does NOT rob power, you don't really believe that do you?

I have a sled that makes my f'in ears bleed, and goes NOWHERE. It's a turd, but people think it's a badass because it's loud. I don't even ride the thing unless I absolutely have to.

Hey, if you ride alone, miles from everyone else... so be it, ride whatever the hell you want. Unfortunately, most of us have people that ride WITH us that have to listen to our sleds, and ride in areas where other people have to listen to them as well.

I look at the faces of my buddies when I ride my racer... pure irritation. The grimace says it all.

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
look man... i know that cans dont add power. i dump it for a nice weight loss and i like the noise. i dont really find they are loud unless you have your helmet off and they blow right by you. but anyhoo...

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
hey, don't misunderstand me, there ain't no stinkin stock suitcases on any of my machines either!!!

I just can't stand the guys that make their sleds as loud as they can, it's just painful for the rest of us you know? They're not ALL horrid to be near, but a few of them are just terrible.

S
Jan 11, 2008
Northern Alberta
We don't waste our time talking to the companies because they will make whatever the douchebags that buy their products want. It's the reality of retail.

Loud pipes save lives is the MOST RETARDED COMMENT when it comes to sleds.

WE DO NOT DRIVE ON THE ROAD, QUIT USING A RETARDED COMMENT FROM A TOTALLY DIFFERENT SITUATION & USING IT HERE.

Skiers aside, People with obnoxiously loud sleds are obnoxious. As this industry has grown over the years we have figured out ways to make power without just making an obnoxious amount of noise, nobody wants to listen to your obnoxious stinking can that loses you power.

Obnoxious! (I just wanted to say it ONE more time...:face-icon-small-hap)

Do you think that that can you have gains you power as it gets louder?

The way you stated that, it makes it look like you think that the can does NOT rob power, you don't really believe that do you?

I have a sled that makes my f'in ears bleed, and goes NOWHERE. It's a turd, but people think it's a badass because it's loud. I don't even ride the thing unless I absolutely have to.

Hey, if you ride alone, miles from everyone else... so be it, ride whatever the hell you want. Unfortunately, most of us have people that ride WITH us that have to listen to our sleds, and ride in areas where other people have to listen to them as well.

I look at the faces of my buddies when I ride my racer... pure irritation. The grimace says it all.

Are you calling yourself a Obnoxious, Retarded, Douchebag?

Seems hypocritical to be spouting off about how bad loud sleds are and you personally have a loud sled that you actually drive around and cause all that pure irritation and grimacing. You have a right to an opinion but you should get rid of that loud RACER sled you have cause it's making you look bad.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
You have a right to an opinion but you should get rid of that loud RACER sled you have cause it's making you look bad.

It's a spare sled that sits in my trailer & gets used for about 20 miles a year. The noise is one of the biggest reasons that I don't ride it (haven't taken it out once this year)

My main sled on the other hand I make a point of having a reasonable can for. (it is possible to buy a can & not be stupid loud)

and YEAH, if I'm on that racer... I'm ALL of those things.

Premium Features