• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Power commander V install on a 975

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
The 975 are like the 1140 they need their air so dont rule out needing a differant intake yet. I had to take the fire-n-ice put it on and open up the front were the light was to get the air needed for the 1140 on my 06.

thanks, yes i am going to look into putting the fire n ice intake on this summer too.

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
What up dude? You bringin that thing out this year?

well went to haydays grass drags/ swapmeet and spent too much money as usual. lol now i got the old girl in the garage and tearing it apart again. putting the 975 kit back on,new iceage rails,09 swaybar and a few other minor things.

I would love to come out you have a sled i can rent? then i can drive my focus and save a ton on gas.:face-icon-small-hap

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
well went to haydays grass drags/ swapmeet and spent too much money as usual. lol now i got the old girl in the garage and tearing it apart again. putting the 975 kit back on,new iceage rails,09 swaybar and a few other minor things.

I would love to come out you have a sled i can rent? then i can drive my focus and save a ton on gas.:face-icon-small-hap

Yeah but why not strap that 975 to the top of the Focus? That would definately win the next photo contest.

S
Dec 13, 2010
thanks bd i got the pc V on my 06 and it is working but know i am fighting with the wide band 2. I cant get it to read the rpm, or afr, or lambda. know on the laptop it shows rpm from the pc v:light:

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
thanks bd i got the pc V on my 06 and it is working but know i am fighting with the wide band 2. I cant get it to read the rpm, or afr, or lambda. know on the laptop it shows rpm from the pc v:light:

did you install the jumper plug in the pcv i will look for the instructions.but it won't work with out it. it is called the can termination plug check out the instructions here.

http://www.powercommander.com/downloads/UserGuides/AT200/AT-200.pdf

excerpt from the instructions:
Install the Auto tune module near the PCV.
• Connect the Auto tune module to the PCV using the supplied CAN cable. It does not matter what port the cable is connected to.
Install the CAN termination plug into the open port of the Autotune module.This is the small BLACK plastic connector in the kit.
• Connect the O2 sensor cable to the O2 sensor and route the cable to the Auto tune module ensuring the cable will not get pinched or damaged by the
exhaust. The cable can be trimmed shorter if desired.
• Connect the O2 sensor cable to the Auto Module.
• Connect the BLACK wire from the AT200 to a good chassis ground using either one of the supplied Positaps or ring lug. The negative side of the battery
is a good location.
• Connect the RED wire of the AT200 to a switched 12v source using the supplied posi-tap.The power for the tail light is a good location.
Most PCV install guides will tell you the wire color for this location.
• Block or disable the clean air injection system if applicable (see tech tips).

Last edited:
S
Dec 13, 2010
bd what do you have a copy of the map you ran of the 975 htg on file i would like to try it out on mine since i cant get the wideband to work but the programmer does:face-icon-small-sho

S
Dec 13, 2010
can plug is in, i check the wires that screw into the unit they were all pushed in of from the screws, it still doesnt work but the pc V works great. I just wish i could tune it a little and run her on the lake. doesnt freeze much here in akron ohio and guys are all over this like i live on it would be a good place to do a lite break in on and see what this 975 has

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
bd what do you have a copy of the map you ran of the 975 htg on file i would like to try it out on mine since i cant get the wideband to work but the programmer does:face-icon-small-sho

i have my map and will share but what ecu are you running with your 975?
What pipe do you have?

is yours and 06?

mine is and 06 975 running an htg ecu for the 975 and i am running the 06 slp pipe and y pipe with cpi can. give me your specs before i send you the map don't want you to burn it down and blame me.

S
Dec 13, 2010
slp pipe, ecm was modded for the slp full kit from slp, with reeds, head, everything they had.after that

did a big bore kit when i snapped the crank at the pto.

cant get the wide band to work i think the sensor is bad when i pulled it out of the box looked like the wires at the pyro were folded over really hard.

i am working all kinds of kinks out. sled wouldnt run right sometimes stalled and then sometimes would run pretty good.

checked all my wires 4 times have had the tank off more than that, had the pickup out of the tank,had inline spark testers on the plugs while runing just couldnt get over my plugs being wet. looking at it and finally i put a snap on fuel pressure gauge on the shrader and my pressure pins it at 100 psi. found out i have a bad fuel pressure regulator not letting the pressure down got one coming next day. its funny how bugs come out of the garage after a new moter install.

after i get that gremlin out i will try to fight with the wide band senser some more and maybe call them

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
what year is your engine? if it is the 06 4 injector the pressure is 116 psi
the 05 ran 58 psi.

my map is for the 06 4 injector. pm me your email and i will send it to ya.

S
Dec 13, 2010
it is an 06.

i keep gettin a stumble and it shuts off took it out and alot of times i can throttle thru it and get it to stay going plugs were wet, and that is with powercommander default.

Premium Features