• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

fix xp sag billet brackets

C

canucklehead

Aug 30, 2002
Southern AB
I will be putting mine on in the next night or two, trying them this weekend. The bumper will be lower because you are sliding the scissor back along the rails. I was going to have a set of these made up and try this on my own and then these came along, should help. The only thing I was going to do was bolt them on the rails in front and back of the mounting hole but if they stand up to the micku's then they s/b good.

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
so it is supposed to fix the sag, but it lowers the rear bumper 1-1.5"?

I am wondering too. I just put my arm back and my suspension stayed the same or went up a little. Doing this is just putting a different angle on the arm that will make it harder to compress.Rather than the lower arm leaning ahead, it was straight up. It might be a little harder on the bushings too. I still like the idea, keep us informed.

N
Jan 3, 2010
Installed them on my 09 xp {70 miles} it definatly brought the suspension up, I have the heavy springs in now and think they might be too much even on clicker 1, go to ride this weekend in wolverine {Tumbler ridge B.C}. Iam happy with the results so far, will let you know how it rides and climbs. Putting on revalved x package shocks. Let me limiter strap out 1 hole. Talk later.

Y
Nov 26, 2007
10 minutes my ***

previously installed the stiffer spirng and after this instal may suggest if you have already done the spring that might be enough. Lost some bumper height, for what thatr is worth. I will see how it rides with this "sag fix" and stiffer spring...

L

lugnut

Sep 21, 2008
Vancouver Island
10 min. install

I suppose i have done quite a few. Loop a ratchet strap from rear axle to bottom of rear scissor. Tighten strap snug. Remove scissor bolt. Tighten strap, moving scissor back. Install Bracket.

L

lugnut

Sep 21, 2008
Vancouver Island
It does lower the rear bumper maybe 1-1.5 inches , drop bracket helps. sj

Ya it does lower bumper just a bit. Thats not so bad. In fact on many sleds and my carbon fiber we have made mount holes higher on the rear hanger so as to lower the sled/ suck the track and suspension closer into the tunnel... An old racing trick that maintained speed and control in the rough stuff.

Besides, imagine what the rear bumper height lowered to with ice/snow/fuel and such on the sled before the bracket was installed.

Thanks for purchasing a kit Insaneboltrounder/sjohns. Its gonna work well for ya. Sending anther 34 kits out monday morning.

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
Hi Cory , nice to have talked with you. I have your gears and susp kit in and should beating the ccrrap outta both of them in fernie this week. Thanks again , Im sure we will be talking again.:beer;

giddyup

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
deer valley sask.
rode with the mod on the rear skid all weekend in fernie, works , plain works also did smittys drop brackets, sled handles great, the sag is gone, much smoother suspention now, thanks cory good fix

giddyup

J
Apr 6, 2009
Just rode mine for 3 days. Had my doubts but it worked suprisingly well. Now i will recommend it. So much better on the hill.

Premium Features