• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ALL NEW Electro-Boost to debut at the Puyallup Snow Show 10%+ gain!!!

R

Reno Tom

Jun 16, 2009
I think he told me they won't be out untill the beginning of January.

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
so its a 750watt blower? That seems pretty high considering the size of the thing.

i agree on the wire due to it being so short.

i'd like to hear what your "thermo guy" had to say. :eek:

Oh 750 watts aint nothing these days. You should see the electric RC airplane 1.5hp motors you can hold in your palm. They pull around 1200 watts.

The numbers said it should work, which surprised me. :) The numbers aren't exact, it's all back of the envelop stuff, just to see if the numbers are in the right ball park.

The proof is the dyno numbers, which tell you if all the tricks worked. I guess that's why they still have dynos.

Nope ruffy, wire size calculator from the wire standards people.

I've meet Taz at the snow show a couple times, and would call him a snowest friend. Keep meaning to go ride with Taz, but it never seems to work out. Real nice guy, puts out some cool and useful gagets. So, take it for what it's worth, I'm no expert at this stuff, but was glad to see it wasn't BS like most things are.

Oh, and Taz you didn't keep it a very good secret, everyone in the valley heard what you where doing. :)

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Maybe the gains were from the clutching on that particular sled :beer;;)
JK- I hope to see some on the hill to compare, I took a quick look and it, sounds like they have done their homework and addressed the problems along the way. Very innovative! Best of luck! :beer;

T

Trinity Taz

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thanks all for the encouraging words. I know it wasn't a perfectly kept secret, but the Trinities are becoming quite popular these days.
I promise pics and info on the website just as soon as we get back from the SLC Snow Show. Just too busy getting ready right now.
As for dyno charts, Reggie Sellers has yet to get his L&S Dyno to communicate to his computer. The results we saw from the first test were simply what we gleaned from the digital display as it read out during the runs. Hopefully in a few weeks he will get it fixed and we can better the situation.

Wade, here's some numbers for you to consider:

750 ft drag run
10 seconds flat w/o Electroboost
8.25 seconds w/ Electroboost
What's the percentage gain in thrust?

Next:
460 Lb. sled w/ 230 lb rider(yeah, I know...whoof), 124 theoretical Hp Stock @ 5,000 ft El.
Same differential numbers as above.
What is the horsepower gain?

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
A HUGE gain in output to drop that percentage of time. I would have to be standing there and see it to believe it but Im not one to bash until Im around one. If it actually shows those gains on a drag sled with know other changes, then you have a nice hotrod product for sure.

Jake

Last edited:
W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
Thanks all for the encouraging words. I know it wasn't a perfectly kept secret, but the Trinities are becoming quite popular these days.
I promise pics and info on the website just as soon as we get back from the SLC Snow Show. Just too busy getting ready right now.
As for dyno charts, Reggie Sellers has yet to get his L&S Dyno to communicate to his computer. The results we saw from the first test were simply what we gleaned from the digital display as it read out during the runs. Hopefully in a few weeks he will get it fixed and we can better the situation.

750 ft drag run

Next:
460 Lb. sled w/ 230 lb rider(yeah, I know...whoof), 124 theoretical Hp Stock @ 5,000 ft El.

Yha, I must be doing my math wrong
Assuming constant acceleration.

10s over 750ft = 15 ft/s^2
8.25s over 750 = 22 ft/s^2

10s Force of 321.4 lbf
8.25s Force of 471.4 lbf
46% incerase?????

10s top speed 150 ft/sec 102 mph
8.25 top speed 181 ft/sec 123 mph

10s ended at 88 HP
8.25s ended at 155 HP
nearly doubled HP?????

OK, now what am I missing here?

M
Sep 21, 2002
Edmonton

10s Force of 321.4 lbf
8.25s Force of 471.4 lbf
46% incerase?????

10s ended at 88 HP
8.25s ended at 155 HP
nearly doubled HP?????

Holy mathematician...:confused:

G
Apr 23, 2008
The only thing you missed is AS SEEN ON TV !!!!

That set of numbers you thru out there is the RED flag all you folks should be running from like crazy.

Just like politics, this story will be rehashed in 10 years AGAIN just liike weapons of mass destruction,,( read news media )...thats the real weapon..

Gus'
This tread needs 'Billy Maze' and the power of oxyclean !.. r.i.p billy

Dbook

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Denver, Colorado

750 ft drag run

Next:

I would be curious to know the trap speed at the end of each run. That would be a better indicator of a gain.

H

HPJUNKIE

Nov 5, 2003
Will check it out this weekend @ the Specialty Sleds booth @ Edmonton snow show... I was thinking, no wonder "Big 3" domestic auto makers are going thru trying times. All that money they spent on supercharging r&d, and they could have just bolted on one of these! Who'da thunk it?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
The only thing you missed is AS SEEN ON TV !!!!

That set of numbers you thru out there is the RED flag all you folks should be running from like crazy.

Just like politics, this story will be rehashed in 10 years AGAIN just liike weapons of mass destruction,,( read news media )...thats the real weapon..

Gus'
This tread needs 'Billy Maze' and the power of oxyclean !.. r.i.p billy
no truer words have been spoken.

I used to have some faith in the knowledge of people on snowest. this thread tells me to think otherwise.

honestly, just throw a power inverter on your sled, hook a blowdryer up and tape it to the intake, get back to me on how it works for ya.... i feal like i could sell you guys a box of rocks that if i made up enough rediculous info could convince people it would drop weight on there sled.

I bet if everyone bottled there farts for a week and then injected that into the sled it would make more power.. but smell kinda funny:)

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA

10s Force of 321.4 lbf
8.25s Force of 471.4 lbf
46% incerase?????

10s ended at 88 HP
8.25s ended at 155 HP
nearly doubled HP?????

perhaps the large gain is coming from the "instant" on capabilities of an electric blower? Still, that's a very large drop in ET.

You guys are pretty harsh on this guy and his product though. As i said before, let the thing stand on its own feet when the snow flies.

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
perhaps the large gain is coming from the "instant" on capabilities of an electric blower? Still, that's a very large drop in ET.

You guys are pretty harsh on this guy and his product though. As i said before, let the thing stand on its own feet when the snow flies.

Don't misunderstand, I just ran the numbers, Taz is a good guy, he will pipe in here and either tell me what I did wrong, or figure out where the numbers went wrong.

Hey Taz, it should be snowing up on the mountain tonight.

I agree, let people try this thing, and see what they think. User feedback will determine it's future.

T

Trinity Taz

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Okay, now I know there are pessimists on here ready to bash.
I never said the Electroboost was posting those et,s I was just simply testing Wade the mathmetician with hypothetical numbers to see what he could come up with, that is all. Please reread below for example:

"Wade, here's some numbers for you to consider:

750 ft drag run

Next:
What is the horsepower gain?"

I know that talk is way cheaper than the Electroboost, but could we please let the in-the-field performance of the Electroboost talk for itself this winter without calling me an idiot BEFORE ANYONE TRIES IT!!!

I apologise for any confusion this comment TO WADE might have caused.

M
Sep 21, 2002
Edmonton
Well I was at Ken's booth, and saw the unit.

The battery was down from the evening's use, but it still pushed some decent air.
Time will test the pudding. I have no idea what a good boost thrust would be needed to increase the HP #'s but it did throw a lot of volume for sure.

It blew off Farmer Mike's toupee so that is a good sign,,,, or is it??:eek:

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
Okay, now I know there are pessimists on here ready to bash.
I never said the Electroboost was posting those et,s I was just simply testing Wade the mathmetician with hypothetical numbers to see what he could come up with, that is all. Please reread below for example:

"Wade, here's some numbers for you to consider:

750 ft drag run

Next:
What is the horsepower gain?"

I know that talk is way cheaper than the Electroboost, but could we please let the in-the-field performance of the Electroboost talk for itself this winter without calling me an idiot BEFORE ANYONE TRIES IT!!!

I apologise for any confusion this comment TO WADE might have caused.

So, it's a pretty easy equation to calculate this stuff, but to really know, you need a G meter, mass, and speed. Then you make a plot of HP versus speed.

1 HP = 550 ft - lbf / sec
so
HP = speed(ft/sec) * lbs(lbs of force) / 550
or
HP = mass (lbs) * #_of_G's * speed(ft/sec) / 550

For your example:
x feet of run
a acceleration
t time of run
x = a * (t^2) / 2 or a = 2 * x / (t^2)

a = 2 * 750ft / (8.25 ^2) = 22.0 (ft/sec^2)

v velocity
v = a * t
so
v = 22.0 ft/sec^2 * 8.25 sec = 181 ft/sec or 123 mph

This gets a little tricky
f force, how hard your motor is pushing you
m mass - your mass is 690 lbm (lbs mass)
Now your mass is 690 lbm, but your weight is 690 lb of force straight down.
We don't care about your weight down, we want your weight or force forward.
It's the english units, metric is much easier to understand.
So, if your not accelerating your force forward is 0.
If your accelerating at one G, your force forward is your mass.
If your accelerating forward at 0.5G, then your force forward is 1/2 your mass.

1 G is 32.2 ft/sec^2
f = m * a
so a = acceleration if 22.0 (ft/sec^2) / 32.2 (ft/sec^2) or 0.68 Gs
f = 690 lbm * 0.68 = 471.4 lbf

HP = v * f / 550 (lbf - ft / sec)
HP = 181 (ft/sec) * 471.4 (lbf) / 550 (lbf-ft/sec) = 155 HP

M
Sep 21, 2002
Edmonton
So, it's a pretty easy equation to calculate this stuff, but to really know, you need a G meter, mass, and speed. Then you make a plot of HP versus speed.

1 HP = 550 ft - lbf / sec
so
HP = speed(ft/sec) * lbs(lbs of force) / 550
or
HP = mass (lbs) * #_of_G's * speed(ft/sec) / 550

For your example:
x feet of run
a acceleration
t time of run
x = a * (t^2) / 2 or a = 2 * x / (t^2)

a = 2 * 750ft / (8.25 ^2) = 22.0 (ft/sec^2)

v velocity
v = a * t
so
v = 22.0 ft/sec^2 * 8.25 sec = 181 ft/sec or 123 mph

This gets a little tricky
f force, how hard your motor is pushing you
m mass - your mass is 690 lbm (lbs mass)
Now your mass is 690 lbm, but your weight is 690 lb of force straight down.
We don't care about your weight down, we want your weight or force forward.
It's the english units, metric is much easier to understand.
So, if your not accelerating your force forward is 0.
If your accelerating at one G, your force forward is your mass.
If your accelerating forward at 0.5G, then your force forward is 1/2 your mass.

1 G is 32.2 ft/sec^2
f = m * a
so a = acceleration if 22.0 (ft/sec^2) / 32.2 (ft/sec^2) or 0.68 Gs
f = 690 lbm * 0.68 = 471.4 lbf

HP = v * f / 550 (lbf - ft / sec)
HP = 181 (ft/sec) * 471.4 (lbf) / 550 (lbf-ft/sec) = 155 HP

or you throw it on a dyno.

Premium Features