• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Vest?

D
Oct 7, 2009
Washington
I was wondering what type of protective vest other gals prefer to wear while riding. I need to get one this year and would love some recommendations. My husband wears a tekvest, but I understand there are some other brands available as well.

TIA! :cool:

W

Wish

Apr 30, 2002
Tri Cities, WA
www.staceysdesign.com
If you can....go and find a dealer and try one on though before you order....when I first looked at it, I was surprised by the texture, and bulk of it...they are very light, and not the hard plastic like the tek vests. In the end it won me over, and I'm glad I purchased it...but with gear, I've learned you need to really try it on and see it before you fork out the $$!
Where abouts in Washington are you located?

S

sled*dunk

Dec 3, 2007
Rock Springs, WY
I agree, if you can, try them on. I didn't know anyone with a 661 to try it on. I felt Klim was too stiff, my son has one. My sister had Tekvest Super Sport, it was comfortable so I got one of those this summer.

D
Oct 7, 2009
Washington
We live between Vancouver & Longview...and will be at the snow show this weekend. Hopefully there will be some gear there that's available for trying on. I honestly don't really know what to expect since this is my first show!

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
We live between Vancouver & Longview...and will be at the snow show this weekend. Hopefully there will be some gear there that's available for trying on. I honestly don't really know what to expect since this is my first show!

I'd be surprised if anyone had the 661 gear at Puyallup. BUT, who knows! If I still had mine I'd bring it for ya to try on.

If you don't see one at the show this weekend try some mountain bike shops. The 2 I've found here in the Seattle area carry it.

D
Oct 7, 2009
Washington
H
Jan 9, 2008
Woodland, WA

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Bringing this back up...

Do you gals recommend getting the vest, or the complete one with sleeves that has the elbow and shoulder pads?

M

mtnjunkie

Mar 2, 2008
I'm in the market for a vest for both of us. Pretty sure I want the coresaver, haven't decided for him yet. I think I'd feel more comfortable launching off bigger stuff if I had one. Especially with my taller bars now. Seems like the coresaver has less protection than the harder bulkier ones, but also looks way more comfortable. Maybe a bit of a tradeoff? I can't find anything around here to try on.....

Last edited:
Premium Features