• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 Plastics

yanush

Premium Member
Sep 3, 2008
Quebec, Canada
your sled look awesome speedemon:beer;
Do you think the 09 front end would fit on a 05 900 with the stock airbox
just wandering

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
your sled look awesome speedemon:beer;
Do you think the 09 front end would fit on a 05 900 with the stock airbox
just wandering

I am pretty sure the stock intake will fit with the 09 plastics. but not a 100 percent i haven't seen anyone keep the stock intake on. i am using the stock boost box with a timbersled like intake with the filter right on the boost box with a heat shield.

yanush

Premium Member
Sep 3, 2008
Quebec, Canada
I am pretty sure the stock intake will fit with the 09 plastics. but not a 100 percent i haven't seen anyone keep the stock intake on. i am using the stock boost box with a timbersled like intake with the filter right on the boost box with a heat shield.

thanks for the imput, I might change that airbox sooner than I thought
might go with the fire-n-ice since I vented everiting for my old box

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
thanks for the imput, I might change that airbox sooner than I thought
might go with the fire-n-ice since I vented everiting for my old box

I know the plastics work with the fire n ice that is what quite a few of the guys are running like guidoxpress and a few others.

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
I know the plastics work with the fire n ice that is what quite a few of the guys are running like guidoxpress and a few others.

I am using the Fire n Ice this season with the 09 Plastics. I was told that the stock will fit with some trimming, but if I get time I will mock up the stock to make sure.

W
Dec 1, 2007
Montana
You do have to modify the stock airbox for the new plastics.I have one that I modified to work but never used it.I can take pictures today and post them later tonight.
BTW-I talked to paul at Fire-N-Ice today and he is about out of the airboxes but hopes to have more by Christmas.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
i did a mock up with the stock airbox for this question beofre..forgot to post pics..it was tight and didnt seal perfect, but with some work it will go on...

i will get pics up tonight...

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
You do have to modify the stock airbox for the new plastics.I have one that I modified to work but never used it.I can take pictures today and post them later tonight.
BTW-I talked to paul at Fire-N-Ice today and he is about out of the airboxes but hopes to have more by Christmas.

Interested to see what you had to doo. The stock intake is tight with older plastic, couldn't imagine it with the 09.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
as you can tell from the pics, the stock intake does not sit well in there...and you would have to trim it to seal...

IMO...if you are spending the money on an 09 front end..get a different intake kit..

sorry the pics are so late...i forgot to post them a few weeks ago..

stockintake.jpg

stockintake1.jpg

stockintake2.jpg

stockintake3.jpg

S
Nov 26, 2007
Crazy Mountains
wow i thought those stock air box's were pretty much extinct or all underwater for boat anchors along with the stock 900 can's! lol i actually haven't ever seen one in person, all 900s i have been around and owned have always come to me with SLP or otherwise. Idk why you would waste money on an 09 front end if your sled were pretty much all stock. might as well save your money and get a newer sled rather than sink your money into a tank! lol

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
as you can tell from the pics, the stock intake does not sit well in there...and you would have to trim it to seal...

IMO...if you are spending the money on an 09 front end..get a different intake kit..

Man Sean did you use enuff reflective tape under that hood. you won't even need a headlight :D:D:D

lol just messing with ya.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
wow i thought those stock air box's were pretty much extinct or all underwater for boat anchors along with the stock 900 can's! lol i actually haven't ever seen one in person, all 900s i have been around and owned have always come to me with SLP or otherwise. Idk why you would waste money on an 09 front end if your sled were pretty much all stock. might as well save your money and get a newer sled rather than sink your money into a tank! lol

that was for information purposes only..i run a FNI...just shows those that are considering the 09 front end and have a stock intake...all other intake systems have been addressed on the 09 front ends..

Man Sean did you use enuff reflective tape under that hood. you won't even need a headlight :D:D:D

lol just messing with ya.

haha...i knew someone was gonna say something about that..lol..i was trying to make it all chrome LOL...

i melted my coolant hose from the head on the y-pipe last year even with the tape and loom....but everything esle was mint all season..that stuff works wonders...and i will be the one that said "told you so"...you can never protect everything enough from teh heat on these babies.....

Here are a couple of pictures.

This is the first time I've tried this.

nice work..

W
May 27, 2009
Maple Valley, WA
Ice Scratchers

stockintake.jpg

stockintake1.jpg

stockintake2.jpg

stockintake3.jpg
Holy Smokes sean you didnt tell us that using an old dogs legs makes for good ice scratchers. Lol

A
Dec 4, 2007
ALASKA
Did anybody else have this problem?

I just installed my 09' plastics on my 755 and they look great. I didnt notice when installing them but they are in the way of my upper motor mount bolts on the front mount. The fender isnt covering the hole but there isnt enough clearance for the bolt head.

I cant really see a solution besides modifying the plastics. What did you guys that have done update do to fix it?

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
i drilled one hole on each side to remedy this. I don't really see a way around this. 1/2 inch Wood bit works like hot knife through butter.

F
Jan 14, 2009
It seems like a lot of people are going with the 09 front end. Why is there so much hype about it? Maybe I'm missing it but it looks pretty much the same after the conversion. I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything but it reminds me of Vanilla Ice saying his base line is totally different from Queen's "Under Pressure" because he added the high hat at the end...

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
It seems like a lot of people are going with the 09 front end. Why is there so much hype about it? Maybe I'm missing it but it looks pretty much the same after the conversion. I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything but it reminds me of Vanilla Ice saying his base line is totally different from Queen's "Under Pressure" because he added the high hat at the end...

I did mine for an updated look as well as a Stronger bumper that doesnt look hack-jobbed. The newer design is supposed to be better at flotation also.

I went with the Fastrax kit with the CoBe bumper and love it.

Premium Features