• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 Plastics

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
I paid $608 shipped it'll be hear Tuesday, just in time for the rest of the tare down :D

N

Nelson

Nov 30, 2007
Libby, Montana/Elko, Nevada
I will definetly vouch for the CoBe bumper if you're updating to the 09 front end, I'm not a fan of how cheaply the stock Polaris 09 front bumper is made. I would get ahold of Curt at Fastrax to get you setup.

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
P7080849.jpg

S
Nov 26, 2007
Crazy Mountains
Gonna Turbo my old 9 huh?

Gonna definetly be a strong runner.:D

Who's kit are you going with or are you guys gonna do a custom setup?

After Adding up the cost of getting into a new D8, then turbo and whatnot on top of that, I figured I'd be better off going thru the 9, cleaning it up, updating it, and turbo'ing it. Starting now will give me plenty of time to get it put together before the snow really starts to fly! Plus Josh you gave me a good place to start!:D

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
Well I just ordered the 09 plastics and cobe bumper package from fastrax! only problem is the bumpers wont be done till end of the month:eek:

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
Ok so i havent gotten as far as i wanted to in the build yet but i wanted to check and see if there was anyone running the stock intake with the 09 body kit. Ive heard some say it fits and some say it wont. just want to check and see if i have to save an extra 300 for a new intake or if i can just gut the stock. :D

Thanks
Jason

N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
Yes the stock intake will fit just fine. Flows decently well when gutted also. Just bulky and heavy. I also don't like it because if you break a belt theirs a chance that it could break the intake and thats really bad news.

-Nolan

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
Thanks Nolan,

i knew u said it worked. do u run the stock airbox in the 09? i thought u ran the fni? i just wanted to see if someone was running with one now and see what they thought.:beer; i dont have the money to buy a new intake now but eventually i want to get the fni. :D

N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
No I will be running the Fn'I intake. Im sure someone is running the stock airbox and will chime in soon about it.

As you can see from my other thread im not running much of anything at the moment!! lol

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
i can mount my stock one up to check..i am workig on the front end right now anyways..will have to be on wed after my knee surgery :( but it will give me something to do, lol..

if you have to use the stock intake..gut it like stated...and since there is no belt gaurd, to prevent the plastic from breaking apart if a belt blows..get a piece of aluminum and rivot it to the bottom of the intake..it will take all the beating and not cause it to break and get sucked in your intake system

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
i can mount my stock one up to check..i am workig on the front end right now anyways..will have to be on wed after my knee surgery :( but it will give me something to do, lol..

if you have to use the stock intake..gut it like stated...and since there is no belt gaurd, to prevent the plastic from breaking apart if a belt blows..get a piece of aluminum and rivot it to the bottom of the intake..it will take all the beating and not cause it to break and get sucked in your intake system

That sounds like a great idea. i will have to try that as long as it fits!

Thanks sean!

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
And knee surgery would suck!:( im only 22 and my knees are going bad already. i was a catcher for 6 years! too much crounching!:(

Premium Features