• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Öhlins shocks.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I think Skinz is the US Distributor. Lol. Lol. Lol. Those wizards of production, logistics and distribution. If it’s true Ohlins is doomed.
Used Ohlins on race cars back when I was doing endurance racing. Set cost more than a snowmobile but they were the shock to have.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Okay! I don't post on here much but have to jump in on this one. I have been rebuilding,revalving, servicing shocks for sleds since early 90's, I always explain to people that how good your ride is does not much reflect on the quality of a brand of shock but more so how well it is valved for it's application. Quality is reflected more in longevity of oil contamination and progressiveness of valving
and design. A lot of the hype about aftermarket shocks and how they are set up for YOUR weight and riding style is BS! If they are valved properly for the suspension and lever ratio's they are installed in they will work very well for a wide window or riders. So before spending half the value of your sled on different shocks have them vavled and sprung to your liking. Nuf said on that.
Now about Ohlins!! Ahh what a buitiful shock! I raced cross country and snocross in the mid 90's on Ohlins and can tell you through design and component quality they are by far superior to any shock I have worked on. The way the shock is designed and valved makes them very progressive and any compression and rebound controls on the shock have a far bigger range of adjustment and there branded shock oil is second to nun! and should be used in there shocks.
I would certainly own and run them on my own sled if they were more available in north america and were not as spendy as they are over here.
They are also not marketed for model specific sleds.
BUT! I'm still drooling on this keyboard over those pics:face-icon-small-coo

S
Dec 13, 2007
I've got a front set that should be here in less than 2 weeks . First thing will be get them on the shock dyno to see how the valving looks. G4 trail sled. Pricing wise they weren't that bad.

A
Mar 23, 2016
Okay! I don't post on here much but have to jump in on this one. I have been rebuilding,revalving, servicing shocks for sleds since early 90's, I always explain to people that how good your ride is does not much reflect on the quality of a brand of shock but more so how well it is valved for it's application. Quality is reflected more in longevity of oil contamination and progressiveness of valving
and design. A lot of the hype about aftermarket shocks and how they are set up for YOUR weight and riding style is BS! If they are valved properly for the suspension and lever ratio's they are installed in they will work very well for a wide window or riders. So before spending half the value of your sled on different shocks have them vavled and sprung to your liking. Nuf said on that.
Now about Ohlins!! Ahh what a buitiful shock! I raced cross country and snocross in the mid 90's on Ohlins and can tell you through design and component quality they are by far superior to any shock I have worked on. The way the shock is designed and valved makes them very progressive and any compression and rebound controls on the shock have a far bigger range of adjustment and there branded shock oil is second to nun! and should be used in there shocks.
I would certainly own and run them on my own sled if they were more available in north america and were not as spendy as they are over here.
They are also not marketed for model specific sleds.
BUT! I'm still drooling on this keyboard over those pics:face-icon-small-coo

Full set of 46mm prx racing shocks going on my '22 Lynx Boondocker 146 RE.. can't wait to finally try a set.
8f13b21e9597a6fa78e2445c8da0642c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Premium Features