• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

19 M8000 oil leak?

A
Jan 1, 2019
I'm new to snowmobiles so this might be a noob question for you vets. Just bought a brand new 19 M 8000 and it's still in his first stage of engine brake in with the premix in the tank. I started it 3 times. 1st was at the dealer where they filled it with fluids and what not not sure how long it ran with them. 2nd was at home for maybe 3-4 Minutes. And the 3rd was for maybe 5-6 minutes two days later. Then yesterday I noticed a few little baby drops of oil just underneath where the brake set up is underneath the secondary clutch. Didn't really dig into it yet to look around but the two over flow hoses for the coolant we're dry the plastics inside the sled are all dry and I'm pretty sure its the ctec 2 oil. Considering I took off the oil fill cap on the other side of the sled smelt that then smelt the leak on the floor has the same smell. I know the sled is oil happy right now but I don't know why it would be leaking anything since it's brand new. Any insight would be great thanks:face-icon-small-dis

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Should not have added oil to tank. They quit that in 2018 when they went to the electric oil pump.
If u let them run for just a few minutes when its pumping at 10:1, u will have oil run out of the intake.
Cats always have some oil in the intake but they don't normally drip after the 18min break in.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
What they said. Just for fun pull off the hood and look into the air box. You should see a couple streams of injector oil coming back out of the intakes.

Premium Features