• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Camso DTS or ARO Raw

C
Dec 28, 2018
have a 17 husky FE 501 looking at getting into the sport and would go with a new kit most likely. not gonna be big on jumps or really hard riding just want the best all around performer for a decent price point. or should I look for used higher end kit thanks any info welcome.

J
Dec 16, 2018
I don't have any experience with the ARO but my brother and a friend both have the Camso. The Camso is awesome for exploring and they climb very well.

I have the snowtechmx and it is much much better for jumping but was out climbed last year by the Camso's. I upgraded the track on my snowtechmx this year from the original Maxtrak to the Camso track, also updated from my 500exc to a 450sxf. That should bring the snowtech closer to the climbing ability of the Camso DTS. The DTS still has a couple more paddles in the snow though due to the lower profile of the system.

Testing my new setup tomorrow for the first time, can't wait!

Later,

Jake

T
Nov 1, 2011
Kingston, Idaho
My vote is for the Camso. After purchasing a 2019 kit for this season, I could not be happier. It performs above my expectations for the type of riding we do. NO jumps, just deep snow and tight trees. For the price, you can’t beat it. Less than $4500 including the wheel kit.

My two main riding partners are on Timber Sled kits. One is a 120 and the other is a 137. So far, I’d say the Camso climbs as well as the 137. My kit is on a WR 450 and his is on a Husky FX 450, but he is about 50 pounds heavier than me. With the snow conditions we have had this season I can go everywhere he goes while the 120 is poaching tracks.

Planning to outfit a second bike for next year with another Camso.

Vincenthdfan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2008
Olympia, Washington
Less than $4500 including the wheel kit.

I'm in Washington State, where everything is overpriced and over taxed!

Curious where you bought that new kit for that price?

I just sold my 17 kit that had 18 upgrades on it, but wouldn't mind getting the newer 19 model if I could get a good deal on it?

Thanks...

(Feel free to PM me if you don't want to advertise on here)

R

relentless rider

Jan 25, 2009
in the mountians western mt
Sorry to say. But my experience on the camso isn’t good.
Buddy has an 18 on a yz 450. I can’t believe people really think the get around good. I thought it was just him. I’d go back down after him and try to ride it out of places my aro Ktm Just has no problems and it will hardly get moving in the steep and deep. Just digs a hole and stuck. My aro will flat out eat it’s way out of anything. Just my experience with the two kits. Aro hands down.

B
My BIL and I both got 2018 DTS 129 kits last winter and after a winter of having ridden in every condition possible, and having not had one single issue, or to even have to adjust the chains, even if money were no object, we both agree we'd get the DTS 129 kit(s) again.

He even got a 2019 DTS 129 kit for his KTM 300-for his son/guest bike.

Last edited:
J
Dec 16, 2018
Sorry to say. But my experience on the camso isn’t good.
Buddy has an 18 on a yz 450. I can’t believe people really think the get around good. I thought it was just him. I’d go back down after him and try to ride it out of places my aro Ktm Just has no problems and it will hardly get moving in the steep and deep. Just digs a hole and stuck. My aro will flat out eat it’s way out of anything. Just my experience with the two kits. Aro hands down.

You may wan't to double check his setup, some of the instructions were wrong and it had the spacers on the strut rod in the wrong order. Our group has a 2016 YX450f and a DTS and in the steep and deep he rides circles around us. No ARO's in our group yet though...

Later,

Jake

Premium Features