• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 JAWS KIT?????

S
Dec 27, 2007
prince george, bc, canada
I have an 18 mountain cat coming and i am wondering if anyone knows when or if jaws will be releasing a new big shark kit for the 18s. I hear that you cun run previous suzuki motor kits on them if you drill holes in the y pipe. But i also herd jaws was working on a new exhaust and seeing upwards of 18hp over stock. Can anyone shine some light on this for me? Thanks

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
The main pipe section is the same for the Ctec and the 2017 Suzuki. The Y pipe and the muffler are different for the 2018. They are seeing good gains and will start shipping in about a week.

powder pounder

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
I talked to them today and just said they are running last years set up. Think they would have mentioned a new kit? I am a dealer as well. Same intake as well but new boondocker box.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Jaws Big Shark

I have an 18 mountain cat coming and i am wondering if anyone knows when or if jaws will be releasing a new big shark kit for the 18s. I hear that you cun run previous suzuki motor kits on them if you drill holes in the y pipe. But i also herd jaws was working on a new exhaust and seeing upwards of 18hp over stock. Can anyone shine some light on this for me? Thanks

There is some info in a tread titled 2018 dyno testing.

https://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=434477

Last edited:
T

tbpatten33

Jul 18, 2011
My personal sled was used by Greg 2 separate times over the summer to develop the kit. They're cutting new plates for the y-pipe now and will be shipping kits soon. The muffler is the same as both the Suzuki and C-Tec stock mufflers flow tested the same. Some gains can be had with getting some more air into the sled. I'll leave it at that, stay tuned they will be releasing the kit very soon.

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca
Can we clarify a few things? Eric says the pipe is the same as the 2012-17 your other post says it's different. And with the Y pipe; is it just the bolt pattern that is different? Or are there different flow characteristics? I'm really interested as I have a pipe from my 14 and If I could use it on my 18 it would be awesome.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Can we clarify a few things? Eric says the pipe is the same as the 2012-17 your other post says it's different. And with the Y pipe; is it just the bolt pattern that is different? Or are there different flow characteristics? I'm really interested as I have a pipe from my 14 and If I could use it on my 18 it would be awesome.

Eric said same as 2017. Not sure that is the same as 2012-2016?
Stock pipe is different on the 17 from earlier models.

Mountain Cat

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho

Sorry, my bad on not being more clear. The 2017 is the same pipe with a different mounting saddle. 2012-2017 same y pipe and muffler. 2012-2016 Same everything. 2018 will be new y pipe.

If you have a 2014 pipe, you could get the new y pipe and do some light modification to you expansion chamber and be able to use your current pipe.

S
Dec 27, 2007
prince george, bc, canada
I had a full jaws kit on my 14 proclimb. I took it off and put it on my 17 mtn cat last season. All i had to do was cut a notch in my belt guard to allow the pipe support to sit down on the spar that it sits on and then i built a tab to bolt on to allow for the pipe spring there to. Other then that it all bolted up nice.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
What is everybodys opinion on Jaws on these sleds? I see you need a fuel controller to run it, are there any good boondocker maps out there, or are they easy to tune?

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
What is everybodys opinion on Jaws on these sleds? I see you need a fuel controller to run it, are there any good boondocker maps out there, or are they easy to tune?

Jaws will have Boondocker number. We will have Power Commander maps. It won't be a big issue. Controllers are starting to ship late this week.

Premium Features