• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New to me rmk 900 update question

I know this kind of thing is beat to death but please bear with me.

My uncle bought this sled brand new and i ran the vin and its got every update done to it except a reflash. The sled has an slp pipe/can and intake that was on it since it was fairly new. Would it be safe to assume no dealer reflash was done because its already had the slp reflash? Is there a way to tell if its had the slp reflash?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I've seen some sleds that have had the pipe added... and never had the flash done.

You'd have to take it in to the Dealer and have digital wrench check what flash it has in it.

If it in fact has NOT been re-flashed... you are in for a good surprise...power wise.

2005 or 2006?

Its an 05. Are you saying if i dont have the slp ill be in for a suprise or the recall?
The dealer was Carls Cycle. If my research is right the recall for the reflash was issued inbetween alot of the recalls my sled has had done. So if it had recalls done before and after the refash was issued that should mean it was intentionally not done because it has the slp reflash?

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I'm saying that if you don't have the SLP flash in there... and you get it... you will be happy with the power that the sled makes.

The "flash" is an ECU reprogam... specifically for the SLP pipe set.

If carls sold the sled... I'd bet my bottom dollar that the correct flash was done.

If it has the SLP last reflash for the pipe set.. you don't have to worry about the factory "update" re-flashes.

Sounds like a scheduled visit to Carl's is in order to have them check the ECU if you are concerned.

I'm saying that if you don't have the SLP flash in there... and you get it... you will be happy with the power that the sled makes.

The "flash" is an ECU reprogam... specifically for the SLP pipe set.

If carls sold the sled... I'd bet my bottom dollar that the correct flash was done.

If it has the SLP last reflash for the pipe set.. you don't have to worry about the factory "update" re-flashes.

Sounds like a scheduled visit to Carl's is in order to have them check the ECU if you are concerned.

The slp kit was done at carls so im sure that they reflashed it and thats the reason the updated oem reflash was skiped while all other recalls were done. Thank you for the help!

Get a port and polish job on that sucker and a nice set of SLP domes and another reflash and you'll be even happier!!

Something like that is out of the budget at this point. I want to focus on some chassis mods for the time being. Better boards, a 2 wheel kit and more venting are in the near future.

Im wondering if i should get the slp torque stop kit or if the updated mounts and belt that i have are sufficient.

Im keeping the sled long term so anything to help with reliability is something id like to take care of. 2200 reliable miles so far. It had a fresh top end 200 ago and runs like a dream.

Info on sled

If you have the VIN, I could run it for you and look at the service history on the sled and tell you exactly what was done to the sled if you would like. Also, I can order in the Torque Stop for the 900's, and ship that off to you if you would like!

Hope you are enjoying the sled, and look forward to hearing from you!

Daniel @ Carl's Cycle Sales

Premium Features