• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Early IQ A-Arms

mtbraun

Premium Member
Mar 31, 2016
Other than an obvious design flaw, any reason why it seems every pair of used a-arms for the early IQ's are bent? Does the sway bar cause some of this problem? I'm contemplating removing the sway bar entirely while I have the machine apart. I just hate to spend money on used stock a-arms just to have them bend right away.

Still looking for a lower right a-arm for my 06 switchback.

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
Other than an obvious design flaw, any reason why it seems every pair of used a-arms for the early IQ's are bent? Does the sway bar cause some of this problem? I'm contemplating removing the sway bar entirely while I have the machine apart. I just hate to spend money on used stock a-arms just to have them bend right away.

Still looking for a lower right a-arm for my 06 switchback.

I have had no issues with the sway bar bending. The only reason I see A arms getting bent is from hitting stumps. Measure your a arm for me please and let me know I think I have a spare right side on the shelf.

mtbraun

Premium Member
Mar 31, 2016
a-arm measurement

I have had no issues with the sway bar bending. The only reason I see A arms getting bent is from hitting stumps. Measure your a arm for me please and let me know I think I have a spare right side on the shelf.

thanks for checking - what measurement do you need? I'm telling ya man the a-arms on the sled I bought were absolutely trashed, both severely bent and re-welded on the rear portion of the arm. I've looked at several other sets of used arms that were bent in exactly the same place - where the triangle gusset is welded near the ball joint end.

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
thanks for checking - what measurement do you need? I'm telling ya man the a-arms on the sled I bought were absolutely trashed, both severely bent and re-welded on the rear portion of the arm. I've looked at several other sets of used arms that were bent in exactly the same place - where the triangle gusset is welded near the ball joint end.

Sounds like that machine was ricocheted off of a few trees haha. Sounds like the A arm did it's job though, rather have a bent A arm than a busted up bulkhead. When I get home friday I will run out and see what I have.... I'm pretty sure I have one but not 100% sure. I know I have a set of chromoly ones but those are just for racing, wouldn't want to hit a stump or catch anything with those. That would result in busted up bulkhead.

Measure from the rear eye to the center eye where the spindle mounts to the a arm on the back side and I will get back to ya friday when I'm home. Down in lansing MI atm cooking in this heat..... fat kid don't like to sweat!!

Last edited:

mtbraun

Premium Member
Mar 31, 2016
A arm length

This length is 19 3/4 inches. Outside to outside.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 70
Premium Features