• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Running Boards

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Nothing like the flotation of a 700 mountain max!!! So floatable but not so flickable....... Sounded sweet and seat was comfortable as shît!!!

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Nothing like the flotation of a 700 mountain max!!! So floatable but not so flickable....... Sounded sweet and seat was comfortable as shît!!!

The 700 max was a beast in the steep & deep. Add a set of Power Inc. triples and that sled worked very well at over 600# full of fuel ...For me the seat was way to slippery my knee had a hard time staying in one place... Thank you Boss for the fix.

DPG

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I use to slay those MM 700s on the hill with my old 96 mxz twin pipped 583 144x2. With triple pipes they would win up the big hills but my ole mxz was flickable before flickable was cool, that was a sidehilling machine. Skinny a$$ boards with the big plastic blocks bolted to the back of the tunnel to keep my feet from sliding right of the back, i use to hang on them boards with me toes. Won't even try that again.

GS6

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
I use to slay those MM 700s on the hill with my old 96 mxz twin pipped 583 144x2. With triple pipes they would win up the big hills but my ole mxz was flickable before flickable was cool, that was a sidehilling machine. Skinny a$$ boards with the big plastic blocks bolted to the back of the tunnel to keep my feet from sliding right of the back, i use to hang on them boards with me toes. Won't even try that again.

GS6

I can conquer with you I have seen some very fast 583 MXZ with shaved head and pipes and the 670 twin was a brute and the 780 triple was an awesome beast as well back in the day.

DPG

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I think I might get it now. You are older, and some spark has been lost over the years. I get it. I have way too many bad body parts compared to 10 years ago because of still pushing and excelling. I know at some point, probably within the next 10 years that Ill no longer be able to ride as hard as I do now. You see these guys just starting out that have only ridden for 1 year, and can jump on a new sled and actually ride it with ease and not get owned all day. Remembering how we were getting trailing arm sleds with everything they had into areas we do now, that you're literally brapping it at 3/4 throttle with new sleds. Areas I know for sure I was the first track in ever, now anyone can get into with ease. Just how it goes. Best part about it as my body declines, sleds get even easier to ride. We have gotten spoiled, cause if any of us had to give up these new sleds and jump back on 90/early 2000s iron, we'd probably be pretty unhappy. Im pretty stoked on every lineup mtn sled this next year. Well, except for yami. Who wants to ride a tank when it gets technical. :face-icon-small-ton

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I think the Ski Doo boards are so wide at the front due to the protruding chain case and clutch arrangement. I rode the XM and T3 and that was something that I didn't especially like. As to how much all of this really affects you in technical sidehills is something I don't know. I like my board height and width on my Axys. They don't clear snow in the back as well as I wish but supposedly they fixed that on the 17s. We will see. I would buy a set of airframe for my sled if I had a fatter wallet mostly because snow doesn't stick to the tubing like it does to the stock boards.

Premium Features