• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 new release.....

D
Feb 20, 2009
Apparently your parents are paying for your med insurance or you're just sucking off my my Fed. Tax $$. When you "post" the trunk of the subalpine fir, hope it's w/you helmet first about 45 mph. That ought to knock some sense into you pre-frontal lobe-less brain. Luv' and kiss's...........................

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
would you buy a new chassis from doo the first year out? look how long it took them to get the xp "dialed in"
and when it still didnt feel right they put bandaids on it (xm)
theyve always had the motor tho...

look how long it took polaris to get an 800cc engine "dialed in". people bought new 800s for over a decade knowing they were garbage. the die-hards will buy no matter what.

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
If you don't like the 2016 XM your probably not riding the sled hard enough or try taking the XM off trail ....

Honestly folks how can you not like the XM ? Or for that matter any of the OEM mountain sleds.

DPG

E
Dec 24, 2011
Yakima wa
Its not that big of a deal or difference but the wet weight difference between the xm and the poo is only like 30 lbs.

Exactly! Everyone always gets caught up in dry weight, when they should be worried about wet weight. How much snow the sled carries on it through out the day makes a big difference. Also weight isn't the only factor that makes a sled perform better.

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
Exactly! Everyone always gets caught up in dry weight, when they should be worried about wet weight. How much snow the sled carries on it through out the day makes a big difference. Also weight isn't the only factor that makes a sled perform better.

I know and that's because that's what PooPoo advertises for weight. It's what they all advertise is the dry weight which makes sense for them but people have to decifer what really matters is wet.

Referring to a different post...diehards will always buy new product for sure I am one myself. But I still wouldn't say Poo has their 800 motor figured out. This is its first year in the mountain has it proved itself already? :juggle:

W
Jan 20, 2012
I'm and old man. I had a163 XM. Now I have a 163 Pro. I don't know how much either weigh. All I know is that when I tipped the XM on its side, it was a struggle fore me to upright. I can upright the Pro with one hand. Also, the Pro doesn't end up on its side as much as the XM. I hope Doo ups the game with a new sled. I'd return from the dark side if Doo had a better ride.

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
someone asked if a guy would buy a new chassis from Doo in 2017. Yes I would. They have obviously learned from their mistakes and will most likely NOT make the mistakes again. Same could be for Poo and their 800, some say they have their 800 figured out but really first year in the mountain and this motor has proven itself? Not in my opinion. But if it is "figured out" they most likely won't have too much trouble building an 800 in the future. Rotax has had their motors figured out and has had them figured out in the sleds for a while now. I don't see Doo making chassis mistakes again.

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
The only real fact is that it will be released I. 2016 at this time! Just wondering what the sled right now is not doing for you? Innovation comes in waves not timelines, look at dirt bikes, a 2015 Honda is miles different over a 2014 but they look exactly the same, the better sleds get the smaller the changes but those smaller changes make huge differences. And u currently have several options with turbos, big bores, belt drives, and the possibility to shave a lot of weight. 90% don't need or want it and the other 10% are not willing to pay for it. So how will that work? Go back and ride a 2004,2008 or 2012 and tell me that we are not living in the most spoiled times. Great products and endless possibility,the crazy thing is it has created more complainers, not happier people, I just can't understand that, I am out most days and I just can't shake the smile off my face!

This is true, at the same time this attitude leads to complacency in a always evolving industry. I see two areas the XM can improve that would be yet another "game changer" without breaking the bank for the buyer or manufacturer.
1. Slim her down, Im not talking pounds per say (leads to reliability issues) but just some nip and tucking to reduce drag in deep snow.
2. Power to the track, So many little possibilities in the drive train that will make these sleds rip! No need to take offense, the clutching is archaic.

I am always smiling riding my T3

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
This is true, at the same time this attitude leads to complacency in a always evolving industry. I see two areas the XM can improve that would be yet another "game changer" without breaking the bank for the buyer or manufacturer.
1. Slim her down, Im not talking pounds per say (leads to reliability issues) but just some nip and tucking to reduce drag in deep snow.
2. Power to the track, So many little possibilities in the drive train that will make these sleds rip! No need to take offense, the clutching is archaic.

I am always smiling riding my T3

I couldn't agree more.

Premium Features