• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The 1999 seat "issue"

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I had one friend sell another friend a 1999 RMK because the buyer doesn't know it yet, but he was born to ride snowmobiles. It was 700 bucks. Zero commitment in terms normal sled buying terms. But obviously the seat was trashed because this is what they do to themselves.

So now I've got a good friend of mine wanting to pay me another 700 bucks to punch me in the face dealing with getting a functional seat. My sledding life started in 2008 when sleds were just coming into the not royally suck phase, so I have no idea what the best options are for dealing with these things. New seats are a waste because the crappy vinyl is just going to do the same thing again. I see covers on ebay, that seems the way to go.

You guys are smarter than me. How did this get fixed in the far off history land of 15 years ago? I'm just trying to prevent black mold from getting on my friend's ***. Not like I have plans for his *** but sometimes it sits on my couch watching supercross. So for the love of god, what are the solutions to this seat thing that won't bring black mold into my house just because we cruised down a groomer?

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
I have a boss seat for a 99 rmk if you are interested, it is like new and it comes with the tank that you need for it so you don't have to cut his seat apart, pm me if interested

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
If you're gonna keep the seat buy the cover on ebay.

The exposed foam on the one that's on there is pretty gnarly. I was just hoping that in the several years these things had been around, someone knew of a good (maybe unorthodox) solution.......modified seats from other sleds not made of that crappy vinyl etc.

rmkboxer: incoming

hillshooterderick: back off son :face-icon-small-hap

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Is that a one piece tank/seat? Should be able to find a used seat for cheap.

He yanked the seat off and we went riding yesterday without it. Kinda slippery but I think that means it's a two-piece setup. At least now it is.

Would a seat from an 02 RMK fit on this thing? The gas tank wouldn't be covered but that doesn't matter. More questioning the attachment points than anything..

Last edited:
Premium Features