• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ultimate 8-12 Yr old Kids Yamaha Mod sled

M
Jan 14, 2004
I built this sled a few years back as there are no decent kids sleds out there for an 8 - 12 year old weighing in the 75-120 lb range who wants to ride in the mountains. The engine is a 2000 Phazer 500 fanner. I had it rebuilt at CVtech in Quebec to the tune of $1300 and its got about 300 miles on it since then. I have not had it on the scales but I'd be surprised if it was much over 320 dry. My kid rode this for a couple of seasons and the thing just rips. He learned how to sidehill and wap doughnuts really fast on this as it didn't work him it allowed him to learn how to ride. Here is what it has:

Mountain Max bulkhead modded cooler delete etc
Rider forward steering - the fuel tank is moved 3" forward and the steering post is 6" forward from a MM, its perfect
Custom tunnel
Custom Handlebars perfect kid height
Drop and Roll chaincase with a skid pull back, it never gets stuck
Reverse (this is so awesome for a kid) Can't remember the gearing
144 16 2 1/8" track
Cat 141 rails with KMOD rear arm and coil over Cat front arm
Mesh Hood made for the rider forward set up
Aeen pipe side exit works great never snows over
38mm Flat slide carbs
Oil injection so just add fluids and go
Custom light weight trailing arms (I have 1 spare shaft)
Mods skiis which are only shown in the one pic they are blue
Extrovert drivers

It used a TTR125 seat but I sold the bike so the seat had to go. I will throw in a Mountain Mod Apex/Rx1 under tunnel exhaust seat which will need a few mods but will fit or you can just bolt on another TTR125 seat which is what I would do. To be honest I never got around to tuning the clutching on this sled he just rode it so I think there is more to be had if a guy wanted it. We are past this stage in our lives now everyone has to have a turbo sled LOL so its just taking up space.

Sled is located in Calgary Ab.

Asking $2800.00 PM me if interested

I also have a 91 Phaser II which is also a complete runner. Its got like 7000 kms on it a 136 1 3/4 track PSI pipe custom bars and a few other odds and ends. I also have all the stock bars and lights etc. If a guy wants 2 sleds. $1000 for the 91 or $3400 for both

IMG_2180 (Medium).JPG IMG_2181 (Medium).JPG IMG_2182 (Medium).JPG IMG_2183 (Medium).JPG IMG_2629.JPG IMG_2630.JPG

Last edited:
P
Feb 1, 2010
SW MT
Wicked Cool

Too Cool! I have been planning to build something like that for awhile now. I don't need it, but I want it. My dad needs it in Maine. :face-icon-small-ton Good luck on the sale.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
What a nice sled for a kid. Weird I was just thinking today that there was a huge hole in the market from the Yami 120 to a 600. The manufacturers should be building a sled like this for our kids.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
NICE build man. If you were closer and it wasn't sold and I was a kid and I had some money I would have been all over this!!

J
Jan 5, 2016
kid sled

I came across your build you put together for your kid a few yrs back and was wondering what sled you started with as a base

Premium Features