• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

how to get still images from gopro video???

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
i have a nikon digital camera that came with a nikon program that allows me to take still images of video i recorded with my camera. some of the best still pics i have are from videos. i now have some gopro video i'd like to do the same with, but the video file type from the gopro doesnt work the nikon software i have.

i have downloaded a video file converter program, but it saves the videos in VERY POOR quality (320x240 resolution). obviously that isnt going to work....

there has to be a program that i can snap still pics with out of gopro video format (and no i dont want to "print screen" during watching the vidio in windows media player and copy/paste it into paint). any advice?

D
Mar 29, 2010
mpeg streamclip - get it here - http://www.squared5.com/

jus toggle to the frame - and click export frame. jus watch where it saves, cause i think it defaults to the source folder. you can also select quality.

400258_10150590766100845_225645261_n.jpg

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
mpeg streamclip - get it here - http://www.squared5.com/

jus toggle to the frame - and click export frame. jus watch where it saves, cause i think it defaults to the source folder. you can also select quality.
hey thanks man. this has been the easiest program to use so far. by buddy didnt have his camera set on full HD, so my pics are the greatest. i just got a hero3, and plan on recording in full HD. so we shall she what kind of still images i can get out of that.......

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
i am going to wake this thread up from the dead. any other suggestions on free software?

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
that must be new.......i dont remember being able to do that in the past with gopro's software

Premium Features