• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

C3 Belt Drive

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
A

ACL C3

Aug 27, 2008
Salmon Arm B.C
www.c3powersports.com
i have a buddy who has a CMX and when he is going from powder to hard pack he will break belts, and it happens quite often, has anything like that happened with your belt drive kit?

Our belt drive kit is different from the CMX one. The C3 system is a bolt on kit, however the CMX requires much more modification, and is also priced much higher then ours.

Another major difference is our kit uses a backside idler. Therefore the belt has different pressure points and will not break in the same way. So to answer your question, going from powder to hard pack does not seem to be an issue for our kit. In fact, Cory Micku was the first to try our kit out, and has yet broken a belt.

If your buddy with the CMX is breaking belts often, something may be out of alignment. His belt tension may also be too tight. Just a few things for him to check.

A

ACL C3

Aug 27, 2008
Salmon Arm B.C
www.c3powersports.com
SyncroDrive Testimonials

2010 SyncroDrive:

We are currently working on a new “Rapid Switch” system for the SyncroDrive. It will work with all three top gear ratios and allow you to switch gears faster and easier while increasing overall strength. This product will come standard on next season’s complete kits and will also be sold separately as an upgrade for existing users.

The SyncroDrive Rapid Switch will also lower the price for additional top gears making it a more affordable solution to optimizing your gear ratio for unparalleled performance!

The Rapid Switch upgrade kit comes complete with your choice of a 30, 27 or 25 tooth top gear. Additional gears sold separately.

SyncroDrive Testimonials

“The SyncroDrive is working great! No problems, seems to work better then the chain and gears. Spent two days doing nothing but steep long climbs, really taxed the system, and went through two clutch belts - but no noticeable wear to the SyncroDrive belt.”

“I went out to ride some late spring deep wet snow; the climbing was difficult as the tracks were really working hard to climb in the wet soft snow. After watching several guys attempt to climb a steep incline after trenching and eventually have to turn out, I hit it and sailed up and over the top with unflagging speed - due in part to some really good clutching, excellent suspension geometry and the new C3 SyncroDrive system.”

“I made climb after climb and all were just as good as the last. I wish I could have captured a video of the dozen or so guys around my sled at Turnagain checking out the SyncroDrive this spring. They were almost knocking each other over trying to get a look at it. All were impressed to say the least”

- IronDog

Last edited:
A

ACL C3

Aug 27, 2008
Salmon Arm B.C
www.c3powersports.com
SynchroDrive Update

Avid XP Extended Chain Case

The Avid XP Extended Chain case kit will allow your XP to fit an 8 tooth 3" driver and the new 3" long paddles! Combine this with a C3 SyncroDrive kit to convert your heavy stock chain drive to a lightweight belt drive system. The combined kits should have a weight savings of 6lbs +

• XP Extended Kit Includes
  • Inner chain case
  • Clutch side bearing support
  • Brake support
  • Carbon Fiber chain case guards

Compatible with SyncroDrive or standard chain drive

I.P.Yellow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Does the speedometer still work? It looks like in the pic that you are not running the speedometer pickup sensor. Just wondering.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Good looking kit! Do you have plans to offer it for other makes/models, like say a 2009 Polaris Dragon/Assault/RMK?

LOL

While I have not broke a chain, I did have a bearing let loose on an old Mountain Cat 800 (2002). When the chain binded, I was ejected from the sled, bruised ribs, and actually lucky I didn't hurt myself even more. It was a MAJOR paint to get out and my chaincase was destroyed. Took a lot of work to get back together and it was expensive. The bearing was cheap, but the damage the chain did was unreal.

Skidooguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2007
Central Washington
Just finished installing the kit on my 2011 800XP e-tech. Took about 2 hours to complete and everything fit as advertised. Fairly easy to install with good instructions. Looking forward to running it.

Premium Features