• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

It's in..PRO RMK at 143 HP

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Sigh, you Ski Doo freaks have this awkward handle on reality.

I can only imagine that a handful of the Ski Doo chimps have actually rode the new pro, which means that the general population of Ski Doo owners are narrow minded and relentless in believing the POS they own and finance at 19 Grand is actually worth its paper value.

I would take the new pro over that freeride joke any day of the week. Not only on average at any dealer will I save 2-3g on the initial price of the sled, I will feel more confident in Polaris beta engineering with the new pro, as opposed to Ski Doo finally catching up to the curve and recognizing that EFI was the way of the future.

Ski Doo is falling behind, Arctic Cat has flawed that new M8 (IT LOOKS LIKE A NITRO, DONT EVEN KID YOURSELF), and Yamaha still makes Heavy Lunkers and big expensive gutless 4 strokes to trench through your favourite hill.

Forget about modifiying and tweeking everything too! Nobody wants that anymore! People want turn key sleds that perform, sure it looks cool to your buddies in the garage when you rip apart your sled and you're doing upgrades, but the same situation on the hill is kind of frustrating when there waiting to ride. So all this stupid yammering about HP is DOA in my opinion, I like what I see with the new Pro, it seems like it works well in the heavy and is a decent climber with the HP the manufacturer graced it with. Similar theory is like comparing a big UNLIMITED LITRE AMERICAN V8 up against an engineered small litre V-6 that makes as much power, better MPG, better emissions (Don't even deny this either, we all see it coming), and better towing.

So comparing the new Pro to the new Doo is like comparing apples to oranges........... except in this case its more like comparing a fine steak dinner to dog crap.

IMO.

You are a tard.

Well guys, I guess mister know everyfahkingthing has spoken.
I may as well sell my XP since it's so dog crappy.

Where do these sack hairs come from!:loco:

Ya, me too.

If the PRO is a turn key sled, why is everyone who has one wanting to do more. Turbos, pipes and the norm.

I think your name is Deet because your Mom drank too much of it while you were a fertilized egg.

Feb 28, 2009

I can only imagine that a handful of the Ski Doo chimps have actually rode the new pro, which means that the general population of Ski Doo owners are narrow minded and relentless in believing the POS they own and finance at 19 Grand is actually worth its paper value.

I would take the new pro over that freeride joke any day of the week. Not only on average at any dealer will I save 2-3g on the initial price of the sled, I will feel more confident in Polaris beta engineering with the new pro, as opposed to Ski Doo finally catching up to the curve and recognizing that EFI was the way of the future.

Ski Doo is falling behind, Arctic Cat has flawed that new M8 (IT LOOKS LIKE A NITRO, DONT EVEN KID YOURSELF), and Yamaha still makes Heavy Lunkers and big expensive gutless 4 strokes to trench through your favourite hill.

Forget about modifiying and tweeking everything too! Nobody wants that anymore! People want turn key sleds that perform, sure it looks cool to your buddies in the garage when you rip apart your sled and you're doing upgrades, but the same situation on the hill is kind of frustrating when there waiting to ride. So all this stupid yammering about HP is DOA in my opinion, I like what I see with the new Pro, it seems like it works well in the heavy and is a decent climber with the HP the manufacturer graced it with. Similar theory is like comparing a big UNLIMITED LITRE AMERICAN V8 up against an engineered small litre V-6 that makes as much power, better MPG, better emissions (Don't even deny this either, we all see it coming), and better towing.

So comparing the new Pro to the new Doo is like comparing apples to oranges........... except in this case its more like comparing a fine steak dinner to dog crap.

IMO.
sounds like a guy that so much time to write this because his poo is in the shop and he is not riding. rode the pro this year it was alright but you notice the lack of power when you need it thought the bottom and the mid was ok top end sucked. I rode 5 different pros and they where all very different but they where all stock humm. three of the five didnt make it throught the season. polaris the way out...ski doo the way home.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Originally Posted by deet
Opposed to Polaris, Cat, and Yammi guys.....riiiiight :face-icon-small-con
Sounds like your one to know? And does that mean your a Polaris chimp because you haven't rode the new PRO. Yet make comments for it and against it's competition?

This is coming from a guy who rides Polaris that hasn't been able to get their 800 right since they first introduced it? What other OEM has changed injectors, heads, cylinders, electronics, injectors again, pistons etc? Like Polaris has in the past 5 years? On a single model even. And I won't bring up the 900 Fiasco. Polaris can't bring themselves to charge full pop for a sled that they know will be back in the dealership half the season.(There's my dig)

New m8 looks like a Nytro? Don't kid ourselves? The Pro looks like a 30 year old Wedge. Who's falling behind? Old looks, low hp, FI that they are still trying to figure out, needle shocks cause their supplier(WE) can't make a decent air shock, etc etc.

Forget about modifiying and tweeking everything too! Nobody wants that anymore!
And to think Polaris has made their sled easily accessible for such events! Much moreso than the other 3 OEMs
People want turn key sleds that perform, sure it looks cool to your buddies in the garage when you rip apart your sled and you're doing upgrades, but the same situation on the hill is kind of frustrating when there waiting to ride. So all this stupid yammering about HP is DOA in my opinion, I like what I see with the new Pro, it seems like it works well in the heavy and is a decent climber with the HP the manufacturer graced it with.
So you haven't even ridden one?
Similar theory is like comparing a big UNLIMITED LITRE AMERICAN V8 up against an engineered small litre V-6 that makes as much power, better MPG, better emissions (Don't even deny this either, we all see it coming), and better towing.
So the Polaris is the American V8 that underperforms, bad of fuel, unreliable and polluting SOB? And it can't tow another sled home? I don't understand your example is what I'm saying.

Here's an idea......RIDE THE SNOWMOBILES YOU ARE TRYING TO COMPARE(bash) and then voice your opinion. We don't care what you take from the advertising each OEM does. We can read just as well as you can.
IMO.

IMO doesn't seem to be completely your opinion...moreso that of Polaris advertising and marketing depts. Unless your opinion takes only into account what the advertisements in the magazines read like.......
If Ski-Doo has Chimps......Polaris must have Mules.........knock knock anyone home?

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
If the PRO is a turn key sled, why is everyone who has one wanting to do more. Turbos, pipes and the norm.

I rode mine all year, BC pow every ride until last weekend, stock everything aside from bags, skid plate, crap like that. Same belt 650 miles, opened the panels twice to adjust belt deflection when it was newer. Entire season without opening the panels except to add oil, adjust belt deflection and clean clutches. After the first couple rides, dialed in suspension, bars, controls etc to fit me more and that's honestly it. Didn't need a riser (I'm 6'2"), boards clear out well for stockers, bars are trick, it's light, it floats on pow, it climbs and it handles great. If that's not turn key sled I don't know what is.

Of course people want to add stuff to it....it's a sled. Given the money, who wouldn't want a turbo kit, etc?? Is that even a serious statement?? Also, there are some turbo kits for Pro's that fit like a glove for a very reasonable price....so it is quite appealing for people (like me) who would never considered them when the kits were a lot more "home-brewed."

Last edited:
S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
1232904154_dramaticlemur.gif

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
I rode mine all year, BC pow every ride until last weekend, stock everything aside from bags, skid plate, crap like that. Same belt 650 miles, opened the panels twice to adjust belt deflection when it was newer. Entire season without opening the panels except to add oil, adjust belt deflection and clean clutches. After the first couple rides, dialed in suspension, bars, controls etc to fit me more and that's honestly it. Didn't need a riser (I'm 6'2"), boards clear out well for stockers, bars are trick, it's light, it floats on pow, it climbs and it handles great. If that's not turn key sled I don't know what is.

Of course people want to add stuff to it....it's a sled. Given the money, who wouldn't want a turbo kit, etc?? Is that even a serious statement?? Also, there are some turbo kits for Pro's that fit like a glove for a very reasonable price....so it is quite appealing for people (like me) who would never considered them when the kits were a lot more "home-brewed."

So you rode "ALL YEAR" and you only did 650 miles? You just got it broke in! We do almost that per month! Averaging 3000 miles a a year, we usually see problems start to pop up about mid season no matter what brand we're on. It should be interesting to see how these Pro's do next year when more guys get 2000-3000 miles on them. A stock Pro is a great ride for someone that does 600-700 miles a season.:clock:

IMO. The Pro was all new and exciting this year cuz it was being compared to old sleds like the 6 year old M series and the 4 year old XP. The 2012 XP with a new 2.5" track is going to rock in the deep powder! And the new ProClimb is going to be the all new sled with the same kick azz motor. So the Pro needs to step it up with something like a DI 900 motor that puts out a respectful 160 plus hp to stay at the top for next year. Cuz as for now the Pro is going to be seriously under powered compared to the other two mtn 800's. And I believe it will show on the mountain!:boxing:

Last edited:
J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
So you rode "ALL YEAR" and you only did 650 miles? You just got it broke in! We do almost that per month! Averaging 3000 miles a a year, we usually see problems start to pop up about mid season no matter what brand we're on. It should be interesting to see how these Pro's do next year when more guys get 2000-3000 miles on them. A stock Pro is a great ride for someone that does 600-700 miles a season.:clock:
I would think that is a fairly average amount for someone who works full time 5-6 days per week. Also there isn't much for trail miles around here....you get into the treeline/alpine riding pretty quick. At 550 miles my Doo was already on motor #2, and #3 went in at 1,500 miles.....so no matter what happens to the pro from here on, it's already won the reliability contest over the Doo for me.

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
the last thing i ride is trail's,,,, on the way off the mtn. only1050 miles for me so far this year,,, not done riding. 1300 miles on my xp:kev:

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
My sled is the best fn sled around, didnt you know?

Cant wait till next season, got my 13 year old a 06 Rev. This will be his first season riding. I will be riding my under powered 910 Pro:face-icon-small-coo.

My buddy snow checked a new XM, looking forward to riding with him.

Premium Features