• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Good replacement motor for 600 Powder Special

R
Dec 30, 2007
Snohomish WA 98290
The wife's sled has a broken crankshaft . It's a 1998 Power Special 600 EFI. Was always been a fun sled to ride, but a wee bit under powered at maybe 120 hp.and not much bottom end grunt. What would be an easy conversion/replacement motor. One that I could pick up used. The sled is not worth dumping a ton of money into.
It has a boss seat, Cat mountain bars, Vanamberg tappered tunnel and rolled chain case (cerca 2000), 156x2 Camo track, weighs in at 515 with a few gallons of fuel and oil filled., and up until last weekend, a 600 EFI with twin PSI pipes
Any suggestions? I'd like to keep the project under $1500, otherwise I'll probably part the thing out and just get her a 900MC

Last edited:
M
Feb 20, 2008
I have a 1998 Powder Special 600 EFI limited edition that was damaged in a traffic accident while towing home that I would be willing to sell for $750. Damage is as follows - crack hood, broken windshield, bent steering post, bent handle bars, broken hand brake, bent running boards. Everything else in good shape.

Premium Features