• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Some Summer Watch Out Things to look for on your 900's

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
the driveshaft and jackshaft bearing kit from ALL BALLZ is $49.90 for both kits with everything needed.

p/n# 141-9005 $20.95 (jack shaft kit)
p/n# 141-9006 $28.95 (drive shaft kit)

kits include every seal, bearing, clip that is needed from jack shaft to chaincase upper and from drive shaft to chaincase lower.

With the dismal snow we are having lately I've had some upcoming preventative maintenance on my mind and I've got a question on this kit.

I looked on the Western Powersports catalog site and found the page that lists these bearings and what the kit contains as follows:

Bearings.jpg

Am I reading something wrong, these kits look the same to me in the descriptions:confused:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
yeh pretty sure the kits are identical, you wont use the spaver on the driveshaft though..

i think they just have different part numbers so they can buy just the top or just the bottom? never looked into it so much, lol...

just buy the damn things. lol.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
yeh pretty sure the kits are identical, you wont use the spaver on the driveshaft though..

i think they just have different part numbers so they can buy just the top or just the bottom? never looked into it so much, lol...

just buy the damn things. lol.

So you didn't go with these kits then?

I know the jackshaft is a sealed bearing on the pto side... isn't the driveshaft bearing on the pto side a standard greasable bearing?

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
no i bought them, installed them also...only opened one box at a time then installed the stuff, then next box...

i do know the upper/lower chaincase bearings/seals are the same...but i am pretty sure the jackshaft and driveshaft bearings are the same as well.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
What brand throttle body boots would you guys suggest for my 06 900. I'm running V force reeds.

Factory Polaris. You have to cut the reed stuffer off to use V Force reeds.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
What brand throttle body boots would you guys suggest for my 06 900. I'm running V force reeds.

was doing some looking at a set of busted up VF3 reeds i have..

the VF3 reeds require you to cut the "built in reed stuffer" on the OEM 900 throttle body boots...which are $40 a piece ($80 total)...

SO...if you insist on using VF3 reeds, which i DO NOT..i would save th emoney from buying new OEM boots, since you have to cut them up...

and go with a set of throttle boots from an 07-up Dragon (any model from 600-800 CFI) and just trim them in half..(they are molded boots that are bascially 2 boots joined in the middle) and used these boots...they are flat on the back (which your oem 900 boots would look like anyways) and the dragon boots are only $40 total...

but if it were me, i would buy stock OEM 900 reeds, and use OEM t900 throttle body boots...(however, i know that SPI i think it is, makes a throttle body boot as well, that is only like $15 each, but onl ygot one report back that said they were chitty and not made well, but worth looking into maybe???)

my thoughts...

Premium Features