• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Found loose rivets on power valve servo mount.

F
Apr 28, 2009
Turner,MT
2010 M8..Was checking my cable length and found my servo motor mount rivets are really loose! (rivets on the base of the mount where they rivet to the left hand foot well) My servo motor will move about a 1/4 of an inch. What a POS mount for how much work it has to do. Was wondering if anyone had some pics of some fixes. Going riding this weekend so it might just get re-riveted for a short term fix.

S

Saskdude

Nov 12, 2009
I had the same thing happen on my 09. All I did was re rivet it and its been holding strong for the last 2 years.

R

rigrat

Apr 19, 2008
Alberta
Same thing on my 08 M1000. Just threw a couple of nylon ties on it. Quick and easy fix.

J

Johnmaster

Feb 21, 2009
Mukwonago, Wi
www.johnmaster.net
All it really does is hold the servo up in the air, though I do agree that it is lame that they still make them that way. My 10 doesn't even have 400 miles and it is loose already. When you go to re-rivet it keep in mind that the head of your rivet gun will be larger in diameter than the rivet holes will allow you to get at, and pull them square. Ideally if you have a tig welder laying around, you can put a few tacks on it to keep it from vibrating, rivets are just going to loosen again. Or a few machine screws and loctite might be a better answer.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I re-riveted mine since they were loose as well. After around 400 miles a couple are loose again already. Guess I'll tie it up with something instead...

Premium Features