• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 M1000 Dash Codes "GONE CRAZY"!!!

H
Dec 11, 2008
My brother was out riding his M1000 and said he saw a dash code that said LCD with bars like a volume with - and + sign and then lost spark. We had a test sled to swap parts and narrowed it down to the stator and ordered a "new" stator. Put it in and have spark, then the dash starts throwing all kinds of crazy stuff, changes from kilometer to miles on it's own, goes through a whole series of changes to trip meter and back to tack and over to trip meter again and a 14.4 volt reading "I think" and then the LCD volume + and - thing again. We paniced and shut it down! ANYONE EVER SEEN SUCH A CRAZY THING. Help please , we have it at a pub and don't know what to do, run it or have a fire sale????? Sure would apreciate some help with this one guys!.....THANKS IN ADVANCE!

H
Dec 11, 2008
clean out connections first, could be water in them.

We have done all that, unpluged and checked all for water ect.......checked for bare wires and all, Put it in a heated building for 3 days. My brother just called Zeak in Storm Lake and he said the spedometer got moisture in it and it's taking a crap???? Can we unplug the spedo some how and run? Why did the stator crap out when the spedo acted up the first time around? Coinsidence? Hate to smoke another stator!

Premium Features