• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Slowest back in effect..

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
On our side, the server load numbers are well DOWN now with all the extra memory. The forums seems to be using every bit of it tonight.

We were pushing just shy of 3,000 members online last time I checked.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Ok....25-35 seconds to load pages as of 5 minutes ago. Don't tell me it's on my end as I've just checked 5 other forums that load in less than a second. It was fine(Snowest Standards) until 5-10 minutes ago.

3,000 people logged on?

What happens when we hit the 4, 5, 6 thousand mark?

It is time for someone to step up and take some PRIDE in their work and not stop until this is resolved. I know I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing that this was the result of something I was in control of.

OR

Hire someone that is capable of fixing these problems! The moment this site began asking for members to contribute money so these issues wouldn't happen, you then raised the bar of expectations exponentially.

This went on all last winter, should we have to endure another one?

Edit: Currently Active Users: 1879 (1052 members and 827 guests)

Last edited:

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
Ok....25-35 seconds to load pages as of 5 minutes ago. Don't tell me it's on my end as I've just checked 5 other forums that load in less than a second. It was fine(Snowest Standards) until 5-10 minutes ago.

3,000 people logged on?

It is time for someone to step up and take some PRIDE in their work and not stop until this is resolved. I know I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing that this was the result of something I was in control of.

OR

Hire someone that is capable of fixing these problems! The moment this site began asking for members to contribute money so these issues wouldn't happen, you then raised the bar of expectations exponentially.

Post up those those other sites so that Christopher can use them for reference. I visit three different forums, SnoWest is in the middle for response times. The smallest forum I visit is the slowest.

Christopher and Brian have been working on improving various areas. So do not think this is the one and only spot they are working on.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

3,000 people logged on?

OR

I made the MISTAKE of trying to run a TABLE OPTIMIZATION.
I tagged the first 17 tables for update, and just like you I saw the forum grind to a halt.

When I saw the result of the Optimization on forum performance I terminated the rest of the tables for optimizing. I then changed to update time to 4:00AM so you would NOT see any further delays.

My apologies.
But when I started the process I had been online for 15 hours already and didn't want to make it an 18 hour day on SnoWest, and these tables had NEVER been fully optimized and I did not want them to be run automatically when there was no Admin online to monitor the process lest the whole site come crashing down because of some bug we were not aware of.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

Server Uptime on November 16th
99.65%!

Premium Features