• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 Fuel Pressure Regulator Problem?

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
C
Dec 2, 2007
While changing the stator, because the sled was running like crap with no codes flashing, I removed the fuel pump assembly, as I still had black debris in the tank from the black fuel level float. I found a black plastic 90 deg elbow that attaches the return line to the pressure regulator had came unglued and was allowing air to enter the fuel system. I glued it back on and it has been running well since. A friend also had the exact same problem on his 2005 900. As a test you may be able to get the sled warmed up then fill the gas tank all the way to the top of the neck and hop on it to test it. My ran ok until the fuel level dropped below the regulator, as it was sucking gas not air, then started running like crap when the fuel level dropped below the regulator.

I'm not sure if this is a known issue as I haven't been on here in a while. I did a search and didn't come up with anything.

C
Dec 2, 2007
A bump to the top for the guys with 900's not running right. You have to remove the fuel tank to change the stator so, you can remove the fuel pump assembly from the tank to check this out just to rule it out. It made my sled and my friends sled run like ***! I also replaced the stator at the same time but, his sled already had the stator replaced when this problem showed up on his. He re-glued the plastic elbow on and the sled ran perfect afterwards.

S
Jan 14, 2010
fuel line

I have a bogging issue so drained the tank and found all the fuel lines and I mean all lines were mush they look like they melted I geuss this is why my sled was starving for fuel dealer is getting me the parts all the peices were lying in the bottom of the tank so I just wanted to let you guys know mabey you should look at these parts

C
Dec 2, 2007
I have a bogging issue so drained the tank and found all the fuel lines and I mean all lines were mush they look like they melted I geuss this is why my sled was starving for fuel dealer is getting me the parts all the peices were lying in the bottom of the tank so I just wanted to let you guys know mabey you should look at these parts
And the government wants to increase from E10 to E20 just to save oil. I heard that all premium fuel in Michigan has a minimum of 10% ethanol now. Ethanol is poison for almost all engines, IMO.

I'm curious what kind of fuel people from different parts of the country are getting/burning???

In the spring I usually drain all the fuel from the tanks then stabilize a few gallons of fresh premium to put in, for two sleds. I then run the engine long enough to get the stabilizer through (my wife's 600 has carbs) and fog the engines for summer storage.

When I winterized my boat this fall Sta-bil now has an ethanol specific marine stabilizer. Sta-bil is basically recommending that you add the marine stabilizer (1/2 dose) to every tank of fuel because of the harmful effects of ethanol.

Premium Features