• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best turbo

I

ikold

Dec 2, 2007
I'm considering this year getting a Turbo'ed sled. Have an 08 XP 163" now and have done a bunch of work with it, but think the itch to try a boosted sled has finally overcome me.
I like to ride mostly deep stuff in the trees boondocking, some hillclmibing, and tight steep stuff. Ride mostly from about 8k ft and up to 13k. In Co, UT, WY mostly.

What is the best sled for my purposes, want something that is RELIABLE and doesn't always need race gas. Happy to put 100ll AvGas in it, do people do that?
Am I better off with a boosted 4stroke or 2? And which model, whos kit etc.

Thanks

graham_r

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2008
British Columbia
Longhairfreak is absolutly right. I tried to turbo my rev and it was a nightmare. when it worked look out. but when it didn't well look out. ha i sold mine and bought a nytro to boost it with a powderlites kit. I have seen good things from the arctic cats to

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
There are good kits on the market. Dont be afraid of the XP turbos a bit. If the kit is built right, there is no issue with running one under boost. They have better response than other model sleds boosted and build great power! There is a ton of misinformation about turbo XP's and Revs.

If you are interested in riding one, I will gladly let you demo one of ours.

Jake

T

turboxp

May 13, 2008
not where i sled
turbo xp

The biggest problem is not the xp or the rev it is the misundrestanding of turboing a carbed motor.I have had some problems myself but they are brought on by my own greed of getting the most out of it , running to lean not good enough fuel it is all trial and error.I have tryed it all and it will bite you in the as--- .I ride with turo rev my son and he can make his sled do things a old fart like me can only wish i could do.He has 4700 km on his sled and has not put a wrench to it and it is an 06 800 rev turboed so don't be scared.If you don't know and can't afford to make all the mistakes i made buy a kit from a reputable dealer and have fun don't try to save money it will only cost you in the end.

GLENN

T

turboxp

May 13, 2008
not where i sled
turbos

By the way i'm going to make the plunge to the four stroke side (the dark side).It is not for all but i have to try all at least once.It will be a ski-doo of course good idea not sure but it was my choice ,and time will tell Powder lites will make me happy i'm sure.We all have to get it out of our heads that this is better than that. We all are brand lovers and mine is ski-doo but i ride with them all and they all work good.It all has to do with the dealer and the rider more than the brand.

Premium Features