• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

01 summit 700 idles @ 4000 rpm...

R
Aug 18, 2009
Squamish, BC
Hey everyone, I've got a question that I hope someone can answer. Here's the scoop...
About a month ago I cleaned my flatslide carbs and RAVES and got the sled purring like a kitten. Today I installed a Rumble Pack silencer and it took me 20 minutes to get it fired up. When it did it let out a huge pop (backfire) and flamed out the bottom. (i dont know where) It has been doing this all night. Not only that but when I take the choke off it idles @ 3500-4000 rpms and has a irregular idle, like it is popping or fluctuating quite fast.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Do I need to reclean my carbs or readjust them?....Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Z
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula MT
sounds like you have a needle and seat stuck or leaking. the slow leak of fuel would explain the flame in the can. Id pull the slides and make sure that there is not a tiny speck of something stuck letting the carbs slowly dump extra feul while it's not running, happend to my yz a couple of summers ago, when i pulled the carb back apart i dumped it outon a white sheet of paper and found a piece of debris no bigger than a grain of sand that wasnt letting the needle seat. might be a similar situation. good luck

Premium Features