• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

adding flowrites to the gauge pod?

C
Aug 28, 2008
North Central MN
my cousin has an 03 summit 700 that i have been working on for a couple of weeks. he had a problem with the recoil melting and i decided we need to do a couple things. for one, i am going to make a heat shield to deflect heat away from the recoil. the other thing i want to do is put vents in the shock towers and a couple of flowrites. this should bring more cold air in and let hot air out.

what i am wondering is if adding the flowrites in the gauge pod is going to lean the fuel mixture? if so, i don't want to mess around with it. any thoughts?

C
Aug 28, 2008
North Central MN
we took all the decals off the hood. when my girlfriend was taking them off, she must have gotten a little goo gone on the bombardier logo on the very front of the hood, because it came off. i looked at it, taped it, and its right about 2". good spot for another flowrite?????? i don't know how well that hood will take being cut with a coarse hole saw.

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
I put some vents in my belly pan on my 03 before I sold it it gets hot in the spring here and I hate taking my hood on and off the vents worked great.

Premium Features