• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BCA Avy vest questions

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Been thinking of getting a BCA Avy vest. I live in Smithers, B.C. Canada. Where would be a good place to buy one and what would be the easiest way to get the cylinders recharged? I don't know where the nearest recharge shop is, maybe that bicycle pump thing? or whatever I would need to recharge at home, cylinders, adapters that sort of thing. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Jay

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Been thinking of getting a BCA Avy vest. I live in Smithers, B.C. Canada. Where would be a good place to buy one and what would be the easiest way to get the cylinders recharged? I don't know where the nearest recharge shop is, maybe that bicycle pump thing? or whatever I would need to recharge at home, cylinders, adapters that sort of thing. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Jay

No idea where to buy up there but when it comes to refilling the tank, the easiest is just pick up a high pressure air rifle pump.

The link below is for a Benjamin air rifle, high pressure air pump that I picked up. It was the model that BCA actually suggests using and......it works!!!

No more trying to track down a dive shop or dealer to refill a tank!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00460IFPW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
No idea where to buy up there but when it comes to refilling the tank, the easiest is just pick up a high pressure air rifle pump.

The link below is for a Benjamin air rifle, high pressure air pump that I picked up. It was the model that BCA actually suggests using and......it works!!!

No more trying to track down a dive shop or dealer to refill a tank!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00460IFPW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Did you add the Benjamin Desiccant Kit to your pump to keep the air dry?

Also how long does it take to fill the tank with one of those?

Seems like a nice idea to have while traveling.

Premium Features