• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SPRING FLING 2013 Rabbit Ears May 3-4-5

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
OPEN INVITE!

Well after cruising by Buff tower yesterday and seeing the stick at 9 feet I think it is safe to say we will be able to have Spring Fling again this season.

For those that don't know it was originally started by a couple of misfits from snowest. geez its been so long I have forgot their names...don't even think they sled anymore. ;)

ANyway...its basically one last hooray and end of season ride up at the Muddy Creek lot at Rabbit Ear Pass. Several people camp the weekend and on Saturday night I will roast some sort of beast and feed whoever shows up.

The number of people that show up varies from year to year alot depending on the seasons snow. So here's to hoping that alot of people can make it and we have another great SPRING FLING!

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
Alright Diz, way to step up and rally the troops :cheer2:

Heading to HI the 5th, but I should be able to make it for a day or two.

Yep, "we" started riding the 1st weekend in May (no matter what) ride back around 2005, and then half the guys were from MN. Yammerhammer officially named it in 2007 or so. Half the time we had great snow, and we always had decent coverage. Seen a few rainy days and 60 degree days, but more often than not we've had fresh powder, and several years we got around 2' worth. Back to my taxes :face-icon-small-dis

ManBearPig

Premium Member
Jan 7, 2008
Rexford, Montana
I'll be on a plane to Germany on May 2nd, but will gladly drop off a case of Colorado's finest for the festivities to be had. However, the previous week, you will find me up there figuring out how deep the creeks really are.

Have fun

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Wish I could come but my arm is still a long way from healed and I'm neck deep in medical bills from my last trip

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
im just gonna show up put my riding gear on then sit there in the parking lot and drink all day and talk real big about how badass of a rider I am.

owenb2

Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2010
wyo
Sweet count me in.... About time I meet you boys south of the border. :face-icon-small-ton

Last edited:
T

trinitypowder

Nov 26, 2007
Ol' twelve pound Tony :plane: and I :mullet: will try to make it up there...........if Jim :wacko::der: shows up, DONT LET HIM RIDE YOUR SLED (read his last sentence-the doods a killer!):face-icon-small-hap

Y
Jan 2, 2002
Keenesburg, Co.
Ol' twelve pound Tony :plane: and I :mullet: will try to make it up there...........if Jim :wacko::der: shows up, DONT LET HIM RIDE YOUR SLED (read his last sentence-the doods a killer!):face-icon-small-hap

Hey, at least I did it with style! Jeffro said I was inverted when I came into contact with that tree! ;)

... and ricerburners sled wasn't my fault! He said it was running funny and wanted me to check it out. I barely made it out of the parking lot when the motor blew!

I still have the "Spring Fling '07" on DVD at home, just watched it the other night. :)

Last edited:
P

P Money

Nov 29, 2010
Denver, CO.
Might be able to make the 5th if I don't have to fly, preggo pics on the 4th but if it cancels I'll come out then too!

Premium Features