• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 thermo bottle

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Mocking up the thermo on my ‘12 turbo. Don’t see why it won’t work on a ‘16-‘19 800 AXYS

attachment.php

attachment.php

DFFB7010-F0E7-4EC5-B537-92000318450A.jpeg 7CE00BD9-9891-46CB-8305-2AB6271E6CAD.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bushwacker1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Wisconsin
Nice! Im actually doing the exact same thing on my -13's 137" pro-rmk build.
Got my bottle yday.

137" ?
I have so many questions on skid choice and other details. So as not to hyjack this thread i ask Please please please start a build thread and share the details with us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Nice.

Do you need more parts other than the bottle itself? Many Things that must be changed/modified to tie it inn? Mounting etc.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Yes, a bracket needed to be built to hold the bottle. I splurged and bought the 850 hose from the bottle to the pump. I had to cut it? to make it work. I have a large assortment of hose bends to complete it, that part was easy. The added center cooler created fuel tank clearance issues that you won’t encounter with stock cooling. Heating the tank with a heat gun to made more clearance. Hope this helps.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
did you ride your setup yet Tony?

No.
Just headed to get my complete exhaust system and turbo. I had them Cerakoted by a local shop.
New electrical connectors are in order also. Upgrading the Boondocker plugs and shortening the 5 miles of wire.?

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
5 miles, LOL! Yeah, such things are nice to snug up and organize.

See the bottle is $44 With Babbits, so if you are a DIY person with tools and a tiny bit of leftover parts, this will be a cheap coolant temp fix! Bottle cap is the same.

Nice little mod Tony.

Bushwacker1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Wisconsin
Tony
Hard to see but I think there are 4 large hoses plumbing to this bottle with only one below the t stat? Looks like all return water (cooler water or bypass water) goes back thru the same hose to the pump. Trying to see the flow thru it and how the bypass for warm up is but I keep imagining an easy path back to the pump creating a short circuit not allowing full flow to the coolers when the stat is open. Is there another chamber inside the bottle above the t stat with a small bypass orifice that will only allow a small flow when the t stat is closed and bypassing? Tried to look at this on the parts blow up on line but Polaris only has part numbers and no diagram. Can you clarify to help me see the flow path?

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Tony
Hard to see but I think there are 4 large hoses plumbing to this bottle with only one below the t stat? Looks like all return water (cooler water or bypass water) goes back thru the same hose to the pump. Trying to see the flow thru it and how the bypass for warm up is but I keep imagining an easy path back to the pump creating a short circuit not allowing full flow to the coolers when the stat is open. Is there another chamber inside the bottle above the t stat with a small bypass orifice that will only allow a small flow when the t stat is closed and bypassing? Tried to look at this on the parts blow up on line but Polaris only has part numbers and no diagram. Can you clarify to help me see the flow path?

Coolant goes in the bottle at the thermostat, with the thermostat closed it directs the coolant into the bottle and back to the pump.
When the thermostat opens it closes off the path to the bottle and sends coolant through the tunnel and back to the bottle. Does that help?

Bushwacker1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Wisconsin
Coolant goes in the bottle at the thermostat, with the thermostat closed it directs the coolant into the bottle and back to the pump.
When the thermostat opens it closes off the path to the bottle and sends coolant through the tunnel and back to the bottle. Does that help?

Yes that helps. From the pictures I saw the coolant hose coming from the engine with flow into the bottle and it looks to be above the stat. Also saw the output from the bottle for the cooler input coming from below the stat which made sense. Just could not see how the stat was closing off the bypass flow when the stat opened from the pictures. This looks like it will clean up the engine bay with the bypass taking place inside the bottle and sharing the return line to the pump. The Polaris diagrams I checked on line for 2019 800 engines do not seem to have this new bottle. The one diagram that Polaris has on line for an 850 Indy 129 shows more hoses going to this bottle and it looks like they may be running the front cooler and the tunnel cooler in parallel instead of in series.
Thanks for the clarification.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Just north of $100. That doesn’t include power grip clamps, hose bends that I had, or the 1” nylon hose conectors.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Just north of $100. That doesn’t include power grip clamps, hose bends that I had, or the 1” nylon hose conectors.

Hm. It LOOKS like all you'd need is the bottle?? Modify the hose going from the head to the coolers (cut away center piece) so that it can og into the bottle and out the back. Require more length perhaps? 2016 Axys RMK mind!

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Hm. It LOOKS like all you'd need is the bottle?? Modify the hose going from the head to the coolers (cut away center piece) so that it can og into the bottle and out the back. Require more length perhaps? 2016 Axys RMK mind!

The 850 hose was an added purchase. The bottle has an up size port.

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Thanks Tony as always you are on the cutting edge . I was wondering how this turned out sure would rather spend $100 to cool my sled . I did the Doo stat on my 11 worked great .

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Thanks Tony as always you are on the cutting edge . I was wondering how this turned out sure would rather spend $100 to cool my sled . I did the Doo stat on my 11 worked great .

Haven’t had it on the snow. Looks like it will work well.
Kids and Grandkids are here for the holidays. We went back to hunting��
Not a lot of snow here. It’s surely “dealer snow”.

Premium Features