• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Shot sleds shipping without working shot.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Saw a bulletin today. BRP has run out of ultracapacitors or whatever they call them, and to "avoid shipping delays" are shipping the Shot sleds without them. Dealers are supposed to open warranty claims to get the parts when they are available.
I was curious, can you ride the sleds using the recoil without the capacitor/shot system working? The bulletin really said nothing about being able to deliver the sleds as-is?
Dealer is SO pissed, between Polaris delivery problems and Doo delivery issues/this. His last load had ONE pullstart sled on it (mine), the rest were SHOT.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Saw a bulletin today. BRP has run out of ultracapacitors or whatever they call them, and to "avoid shipping delays" are shipping the Shot sleds without them. Dealers are supposed to open warranty claims to get the parts when they are available.
I was curious, can you ride the sleds using the recoil without the capacitor/shot system working? The bulletin really said nothing about being able to deliver the sleds as-is?
Dealer is SO pissed, between Polaris delivery problems and Doo delivery issues/this. His last load had ONE pullstart sled on it (mine), the rest were SHOT.

I suspect they turned off SHOT until it is physically installed

Last edited:
C
Dec 6, 2018
SO my 2019 Summit 850 had shot working for 3 rides then **** to bed. Took it to dealer and SKi-doo has no idea on replacement availability. 80% failure rate on 2019 due to capacitor manufacture faulty parts. So no I have a $650 option I will not be able to use probably for most of the winter. Its great, I have owned this sled for a week now. UGH pisses me off.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
SO my 2019 Summit 850 had shot working for 3 rides then **** to bed. Took it to dealer and SKi-doo has no idea on replacement availability. 80% failure rate on 2019 due to capacitor manufacture faulty parts. So no I have a $650 option I will not be able to use probably for most of the winter. Its great, I have owned this sled for a week now. UGH pisses me off.

Maybe you could pull the capacitor and find your own replacement?

C
Dec 6, 2018
I understand you are upset but at least you can ride the sled!
yea that is correct, but after the phone call with SKIDOO about all I got was an oh well we are sorry, made me feel like saying oh well I am sorry my check bounced for your sled. LOL.. 3 rides I am impressed so far

S
Jan 19, 2013
Hayden, Id.
Yeah I bought a holdover 18 and my shot didn't work from the get go. totally bummed that I found out from the dealer that mine needs a capacitor like the rest of the 2019's. But at least I can still ride the sled. But Skidoo should do something for their consumers

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I get where you guys are coming from, but it could be worse, check out the Polaris section where there sleds are locking up from bad bearings after less then 5 miles.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I get where you guys are coming from, but it could be worse, check out the Polaris section where there sleds are locking up from bad bearings after less then 5 miles.

Wow that sucks:face-icon-small-sad

R
Nov 16, 2016
It is highly doubtful that any manufacturer would purposely build short supplies and/or bad components into their yearly sales plan!
While some people may be upset at this, it is simply a mistake!

Now....... that said..... it would be nice is Bombardier would offer form of compensation for the inconvenience.

ziggity

Premium Member
Mar 30, 2015
Mine worked fine our first ride, Id say my buddys worked maybe 5 times and that was it

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
It is highly doubtful that any manufacturer would purposely build short supplies and/or bad components into their yearly sales plan!
While some people may be upset at this, it is simply a mistake!

Now....... that said..... it would be nice is Bombardier would offer form of compensation for the inconvenience.

Poo and Doo have been making a lot of "mistakes" this year. When I list a part on Ebay, I make sure that I have it ready to ship. When I tell someone that they will have their part, they will have it. I don't overextend myself to try to make more money. BRP makes friggin planes for satan's sake, they sourced the part as cheap as possible and are now paying for it. (Their customers are paying for it.) Just like Polaris has been doing for years, you get what you pay for.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
This one's easy.
They should simply reimburse customers the price of adding the SHOT. Then customer can pay that amount once the part comes in if they still want it.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
Poo and Doo have been making a lot of "mistakes" this year. When I list a part on Ebay, I make sure that I have it ready to ship. When I tell someone that they will have their part, they will have it. I don't overextend myself to try to make more money. BRP makes friggin planes for satan's sake, they sourced the part as cheap as possible and are now paying for it. (Their customers are paying for it.) Just like Polaris has been doing for years, you get what you pay for.

Not the same company anymore.

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
dealer told me this is why I haven't got my sled yet until the parts come In. its supposedly on a semi headed my way with the updated parts already installed

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Not the same company anymore.

It’s not like they are enemies and can’t pick up the phone to ask and share info. Well, I wouldn’t be sharing any g4 hot tips with the plane factory tho. I hate when people say it’s not the same company.

teeroy

Lifetime Membership
It’s not like they are enemies and can’t pick up the phone to ask and share info. Well, I wouldn’t be sharing any g4 hot tips with the plane factory tho. I hate when people say it’s not the same company.
well, they aren't lying to you. other than both bearing the family name, they have nothing to do with each other. what would they have to call each other about?

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
The Bombardier planes transport millions of people without falling out of the sky. The Bombardier public transport(skytrain, subways)carries hundreds of millions of people without breaking down.
The sleds can’t make it more than 200kms without breaking down.
A simple call for help would go something like this-“Hi, this is Dominic Tessier, head engineer over at Brp, sled division. This g4 sled is a complete pos. We are presently shipping them incomplete, late and they are constantly down for repairs. We stick it to the customers by denying warranty to boost shareholder profits but I can’t hide this much longer. It’s been three years in a row now and we can’t figure this out. We went from #1 in sales to #3 and I am about to lose my job. Can you come over and tell me what I am doing wrong?”

Last edited:
Premium Features