• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PIDD POWER UP CHEAT SHEET for the 850

T
Jan 9, 2010
EC ND
I know that there are some post out here with a bunch of different way to do this....... here is one way

NOTE!!
*WHEN ORDERING BATTERY BOX CHOOSE EITHER BELT DRIVE OR CHAIN CASE
*THE BOX FITS ALL RMK/SKS AXYS SLEDS
*THE 800 WIRING IS DIFFERENT THAN THE 850
(maybe Cole at CVCUSTOMS would make an 800 version)

https://cvcustoms.com/collections/polaris/products/850-axys-pidd-power-up-cable

https://cvcustoms.com/collections/polaris/products/lightweight-pidd-battery-box

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008LXULV6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

T
Jan 9, 2010
EC ND
850 pidd power up update

Just an fyi on the pidd kit. I have been running it this season and the experience has been great. Last year didnt mess with it, but now that I can use it without the sled running I use it all the time. thanks again Cole!

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Since the charge relay has been moved to the fuse box on the 850 the way the harness is made it will recharge the battery when the sled is running.

www.cvcustoms.com
Home of the 850 PIDD Power Up Cable

I ordered one of these power up cables from CVcustoms. I also had lots of questions for Cole and I must say it was nice to have such excellent customer service. I will keep CVcustoms in mind the next time I need something they carry!

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
I ordered one of these power up cables from CVcustoms. I also had lots of questions for Cole and I must say it was nice to have such excellent customer service. I will keep CVcustoms in mind the next time I need something they carry!

Well, It didn't take long and I ordered the battery box fro CVcustoms. Once again I must say I am extremely happy with Cole's customer service. Why? I needed parts (Durapro ski rubbers), that he could get to my house before leaving for a trip out west. However the battery box would take longer. So he researched where I was going, found the address and is shipping it to the 1st leg of my month long trip riding. I buy a lot of parts, from a lot of places, this type/level of going above and beyond is rare. Thank you Cole! https://cvcustoms.com

B
Nov 2, 2009
Cv customs

I would concur - the customer service is awesome. I purchased a harness and battery box. It showed up and I installed. Had an issue with harness and cole immediately sent me a new one....
in the mean time he walked me through and sent me vids on how to fix the harness I had....
I’m from Alberta and I emailed him probably 8-9 on my time, got immediate responses and help, followed up by a phone call.

Great customer service. Great guy to talk to. Would recommend anytime...

Btw the battery kit and harness work awesome.

TDR

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2012
Bought the cable and battery box. Needed some advice on install and Cole answered in a timely manner with more information than I asked for. This is what customer service should look like. I tried out the set up last weekend. Love it. Now that fancy gauge can be used the way it was intended. Thanks Cole!!

cvcustoms

#getsomegetthere
Lifetime Membership
Sep 10, 2018
www.cvcustoms.com
I know that there are some post out here with a bunch of different way to do this....... here is one way

NOTE!!

*WHEN ORDERING BATTERY BOX CHOOSE EITHER BELT DRIVE OR CHAIN CASE

*THE BOX FITS ALL RMK/SKS AXYS SLEDS

*THE 800 WIRING IS DIFFERENT THAN THE 850

(maybe Cole at CVCUSTOMS would make an 800 version)

https://cvcustoms.com/collections/polaris/products/850-axys-pidd-power-up-cable

https://cvcustoms.com/collections/polaris/products/lightweight-pidd-battery-box

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008LXULV6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just wanted everyone to know that I will be continuing to make the Power Up Cables next season even with Polaris selling the kit now at a price of $169 without battery.... My kit with the battery box and antigravity battery is less then Polaris hardware kit and only a 2lb weight gain!

I will also be making a harness for the 800 AXYS next season! This is due to customer demand. They will be priced slightly higher at $45 due to the extra components required with the 800 motor. I will have them available on the website shortly.

Thanks to all the customers that have purchased these products over last season!

www.cvcustoms.com

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Just wanted everyone to know that I will be continuing to make the Power Up Cables next season even with Polaris selling the kit now at a price of $169 without battery.... My kit with the battery box and antigravity battery is less then Polaris hardware kit and only a 2lb weight gain!

I will also be making a harness for the 800 AXYS next season! This is due to customer demand. They will be priced slightly higher at $45 due to the extra components required with the 800 motor. I will have them available on the website shortly.

Thanks to all the customers that have purchased these products over last season!

www.cvcustoms.com

Hey Cole,
Your Power Up Cable worked excellent on my 19 850 RMK so I'm putting one on my 2020 Khaos. Are you still recommending the Antigravity AG-401 battery? Thanks again for such great service!

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Yes. That is still my recommendation! You know have to option to buy the battery along with the harness and box as a package deal. That Khaos looks sharp BTW!

850 & 800 PIDD Cables
www.cvcustoms.com
Get Some Get There
Thanks for the quick reply Cole, I will call you today to get one ordered!
Anyone thats on the fence with this power up cable for the Polaris PIDD. It's biggest benefit to me is being able to sit with the engine off so you can talk to your riding buddys and look at the GPS maps on the screen. We are sometimes chasing storms and It's super helpful in complete white outs to see the breadcrumb trail to find your way back if needed or if someone is hurt or broke down to find the quickest way back. I would have just reused my last one from my 19, but once the buyer tried it they wanted it to go along with the sled which says something.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Just receive the kit for my 2020. Last year I used a featherweight battery from Fire Power sold by WPS. That battery only lasted one year and after repeated charging only holds 10.2 volts. This time I ordered the CVcustoms whole kit, wire harness, Antigravity battery and battery box. This is a way better option. The battery and box are way smaller, easier to get to, weigh even less and without even charging the battery it was 13.22 volts out of the box. Clean and easy install. I owned a fabrication business for 15 years, the quality of this little battery box is very impressive for the price, plus its powder coated! (note: Sorry pics got out of order). 1st pic is whole kit. 2nd is battery box mounted on the sled with the 2 supplied screws and 1 optional rivet. 3rd is showing you can get a large hand rivet gun in the space, I normally use my air riveter but figured most people don't have one. 4th is battery out of the box charged. 5th is size compared to the next lightest battery from WPS. IMG_7362.jpgIMG_7373.jpgIMG_7371.jpgIMG_7370.jpgIMG_7372.jpg

manitoba_boy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
SW Manitoba
I also ordered the whole kit for my 2020 Khaos, have not installed it yet but looks to be a quality product and as other guys have mentioned, the customer service could not be better. I had a tracking number for my order within 4 minutes of placing the order. Price is also extremely affordable for what you get with it.

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
Mine stays on with the Key .. am I then only one with two that run the battery down and won't start if I leave it on ??
Maybe a kit that turns it off after 5 minutes can be made for the ones that already stay on .

TDR

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2012
Update after 1 year. I still love this kit. It just makes the PIDD so much more usable. However I will throw 1 caution out there. If you (or one of your kids not naming names) happens to forget the key on the AG batteries do not like discharge below 11V and the end result is a swollen battery that is toast. This kit needs a low voltage cutoff and it will be bullet proof. Anyone have any ideas other than the obvious to turn the key off?

cvcustoms

#getsomegetthere
Lifetime Membership
Sep 10, 2018
www.cvcustoms.com
Update after 1 year. I still love this kit. It just makes the PIDD so much more usable. However I will throw 1 caution out there. If you (or one of your kids not naming names) happens to forget the key on the AG batteries do not like discharge below 11V and the end result is a swollen battery that is toast. This kit needs a low voltage cutoff and it will be bullet proof. Anyone have any ideas other than the obvious to turn the key off?

Glad you like the kit! I am sorry to hear about the battery. I have discharged my battery’s (both the AG-401 (Pidd Kit) & AG-801 (estart Kit) many times now and have not had the battery swell issue. Most of the low voltage cutoff solutions that I have been able to find are open boards or cost more then the battery itself. The battery does have a 3 year warranty, have you tried to contact Antigravity about the issue?

850 & 800 PIDD Cables
www.cvcustoms.com
Get Some Get There

moab11

Lifetime Membership
Feb 24, 2011
Great White North
Glad you like the kit! I am sorry to hear about the battery. I have discharged my battery’s (both the AG-401 (Pidd Kit) & AG-801 (estart Kit) many times now and have not had the battery swell issue. Most of the low voltage cutoff solutions that I have been able to find are open boards or cost more then the battery itself. The battery does have a 3 year warranty, have you tried to contact Antigravity about the issue?

850 & 800 PIDD Cables
www.cvcustoms.com
Get Some Get There
The antigravity restart batteries seem to be the answer, but seem to be a bigger case and a bit less cranking amps.

Premium Features