• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT: DuraPro™ Ski Dampener

DuraPro

DuraPro - Perfection by Design™
Lifetime Membership
Feb 26, 2017
Evergreen, Colorado
www.DuraProUSA.com
DuraPro,

do you happen to make these for SLP mounts/skis? or will you be?

I am sure there is a big market for them.
I would be a buyer :face-icon-small-hap

We had not considered the SLP skis, but I will present the idea at our next meeting and we may add it to our potential list of products.

Couple questions for you if you have a moment: What spindle (sled) are you / most people running? Looks like there are many different configurations on SLP's site.

Question #2: What keeps the rubber in the saddle (bracket)? Are they just relying on the geometry of the rubber itself to keep it from slipping out underneath the spindle bolt, or is there some sort of "grab area" on the bottom of the saddle?

Thanks!

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
We had not considered the SLP skis, but I will present the idea at our next meeting and we may add it to our potential list of products.

Couple questions for you if you have a moment: What spindle (sled) are you / most people running? Looks like there are many different configurations on SLP's site.

Question #2: What keeps the rubber in the saddle (bracket)? Are they just relying on the geometry of the rubber itself to keep it from slipping out underneath the spindle bolt, or is there some sort of "grab area" on the bottom of the saddle?

Thanks!

I have an Axys Pro RMK wtih SLP Mohawks.

I was the kind of person that could blow through stock Polaris ski rubbers in a single ride when I had the stock gripper skis on.

With these SLP Mohawks I can get 500+ miles out of a set of rubbers, but eventually the front of the spindle tab will punch through the rubber and destroy it. The SLP mounting bracket has two vertical steel tabs that keep the rubber from sliding forwards or backwards under the spindle.

A
Jan 6, 2017
Alaska
I recently put my DuraPro rubbers on too. So far I'm very impressed! The quality of the construction is evident when you first take it out of the box. Fits very well and that ski-neutral position is very interesting. It just seems more stable to me going through terrain.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA

Thanks!

Axys spindle. however, i believe the rubber is the same for the axys and proride spindles. not sure though.

the mounting bracket has a tab on the front and rear that keeps the rubber in place (as mentioned above)

papafinger1

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2007
minnesota
Just installed my dampeners on my 16 axys. The stock ones were shot. Great fit and finish larger than the stock dampeners and seem much more durable. Easy order and quick delivery. Thank you for a great product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pickin’ Boogers

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2013
I hit a buried tree today hard enough to destroy the ski, and I was worried the spindle foot would have snapped - which it didn't. Fortunately no other damage, and I'm now no longer worried about the DuraPro rubbers not offering enough give.

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
just wanted to drop a bug in your ear I haven't lost any RPMs yet but my motor mounts are starting to look a little worked.... hopping that you are working on a composition that's superior to stock :D the bumpers still look new and have several hundred miles on them!

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
just wanted to drop a bug in your ear I haven't lost any RPMs yet but my motor mounts are starting to look a little worked.... hopping that you are working on a composition that's superior to stock :D the bumpers still look new and have several hundred miles on them!

They’d be stupid not to be.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Just got my DuraPro bumpers in... waiting for me when I got back from work trip!!

They were boxed very well, included detailed instructions, a tube of grease and the two bumpers.

I have to say, I'm very impressed with the product. The molding was super crisp, they fit the saddle in the ski snugly (for the one I have stuck in the rafters here).

Great job Ryan !!!

picture.php

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Just put these on my 2018. I went to move my skis to narrowest setting and found a bend ski bolt and my gromets felt very loose as well as ski tips pointing down while on the left. This is with only 900 miles. I put in the durapros and now my ski tips oare pointing up. Great product.

Premium Features