• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

be honest

P

PalousePoo

Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, Wash.
Cat guys (and gals) here's my delima, I bought a new dragon 700 in 07, my buddies twin Jaws piped M-7 162, kicked my butt. Last year he bought an 08 M-8 162 and kept it BONE stock. Suppose to be 140 hp, just like my Dragon 700 right? He kicked my butt all winter long!!!! So now I bought a used 08 Dragon 800 163, pipe, reeds etc, So, will I finally beat his stock M-8 this year? If the answer is no, I'm gonna sell my sled and take up needle point for the winter.

M
Dec 23, 2007
Washington
Cat guys (and gals) here's my delima, I bought a new dragon 700 in 07, my buddies twin Jaws piped M-7 162, kicked my butt. Last year he bought an 08 M-8 162 and kept it BONE stock. Suppose to be 140 hp, just like my Dragon 700 right? He kicked my butt all winter long!!!! So now I bought a used 08 Dragon 800 163, pipe, reeds etc, So, will I finally beat his stock M-8 this year? If the answer is no, I'm gonna sell my sled and take up needle point for the winter.

heres what i would do if i were you. switch sleds for a little bit. see what you think. see if its the sled or the rider

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Sounds like you need to do some fine tunning. Get your sled setup for YOU, Get the clutching right, you would not belive what a good clutch setup will do for a sled.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
mods don't mean anything if your clutching doesn't work,
What track length did your d7 have and what type of track did the m7 and m8 have? What kind of riding do you do, hills, boondock ect... or i should say where do you ride being from the area? how much do you weigh compared to him? there are a lot of factors to consider. I knew a guy that had a d7 and heard it was the sled to beat.

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
I like dragons, the ones I've seen I have been impressed with them. I'd keep it and keep tuning. Make sure your boy isn't sneaky and working on his sled and not telling you. a friend of mine here has an 800 kit on his M6. He sent the ECU off and had cat reprogram it. It looks bone stock except for a pipe. It's crushing everyone on stock and even piped 800's. No one has figured it out yet and he's not telling anyone what he's done, only reason I know is I walked in the shop when they had his sled in there last year.

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
I like dragons, the ones I've seen I have been impressed with them. I'd keep it and keep tuning. Make sure your boy isn't sneaky and working on his sled and not telling you. a friend of mine here has an 800 kit on his M6. He sent the ECU off and had cat reprogram it. It looks bone stock except for a pipe. It's crushing everyone on stock and even piped 800's. No one has figured it out yet and he's not telling anyone what he's done, only reason I know is I walked in the shop when they had his sled in there last year.

Sneaky!!!!!

Your D8 should run right with the M8. He probalbly has the clutchs dialed in. Before i played with the clutchs on my old 1M it could hardly get out its own way.

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
I think you have already answered yer own question. You are already unsure about the dragon 800? Buy a cat, you already know whats going on.......

C
Oct 28, 2008
Pleasant Grove, UT
you are looking at the wrong stats. its not the hp you need to worry about. look it up cause i cant remember the numbers off the top of my head. look at the difference in torque numbers between the sleds and you'll have your answer. CATS RULE!!!

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
rider and set up!! the d8 rocks with a y pipe and can and the m is a solid sled but skill can NOT be bought!!! cheat every chance you can cuz your buddys doing the same thing and at the top of the climb pull out UR Nutz and go 30 more feet! half the climb is the sled and half the climb is the rider so put up!:eek:

Last edited:
D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
You need to do a little suspention work on that Poo also. A trenching sled, no matter how it is clutched, will not perform well. The edge always came up out of the deep very well, but these new ones need some work yet.

S
Mar 5, 2005
Boise, Id
rider and set up!! the d8 rocks with a y pipe and can and the m is a solid sled but skill can NOT be bought!!! cheat every chance you can cuz your buddys doing the same thing and at the top of the climb pull out UR Nutz and go 30 more feet! half the climb is the sled and half the climb is the rider so put up!:eek:

Your buddies are cheating? Them bastages. That just ain't right. I myself, would not ride with these individuals of less than desirable character. In the event that you find yourself riding with these hooligans, your should pay for all their fuel and offer to buy them dinner on the way home. This just may shame them into admitting exactly what they have done to their motors. Or it may not...:beer;:D

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Why do you keep buying Polaris?:confused::confused:

Overall quality??:eek:

With a tuned in D8 vs a tuned in M8 and equal riders........I still put my $ on the CAT........

YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!:D

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho

i know i'm not a "cat guy" but heres my opinion. if your piped D8 doesnt out run a bone stock M8 then you have rider issues, the two sleds should be somewhat close, but i had an 08 m8 w/ slp ypipe pipe and can in my group last year and it couldnt outclimb the D8 163 stock. ( may have been rider's i dunno theres always tons of variables) the AC sleds rip dont get me wrong i'm a big fan, i've just been riden poo's my whole life.

Premium Features