• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'14 m800 gauge and lights flickering

Mar 27, 2013
Out west on vacation right now, hoping for some quick advice! My '14 m8000 headlights, gauge, AND tail lights are flickering on and off. Any ideas?? Also the fuses are good and the connection to the headlights/gauge has been cleaned

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Out west on vacation right now, hoping for some quick advice! My '14 m8000 headlights, gauge, AND tail lights are flickering on and off. Any ideas?? Also the fuses are good and the connection to the headlights/gauge has been cleaned

Try some dielectric grease on the connector and check your grounds

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Hold the two upper buttons down at the same time that will switch the mode of the gauge then you can scroll through the bottom display where your odometer is you will get a readi g that shows voltage. Check and see what your voltage is

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
Bad wiring harness, my sled did it for four years then it died last month. Had Khubs tell me to change it, didn't want to believe it but it runs great now and actually starts.

Mar 27, 2013
looked into the plug and started searching around the wire harness for grounds and such... Ended up being the wires for the reverse beeper were grounding out on the jackshaft and causing hell. Thanks to everyone with the good suggestions, got it done this morning and had another trouble free day of riding!

D
Jan 29, 2017
looked into the plug and started searching around the wire harness for grounds and such... Ended up being the wires for the reverse beeper were grounding out on the jackshaft and causing hell. Thanks to everyone with the good suggestions, got it done this morning and had another trouble free day of riding!
Did it blow any fuses?

Premium Features