• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Subscription Instant Email Notification(s)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
HEY Christopher, I got notification about your post after I did the re-subscribe...that's better.

bang-head-on-wall.jpg

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Normally it should be INSTANT.
As in you get the notification in 2 minutes or so.

I got an email at about 3am for a PM that I received on October 3.

What I've noticed is that the PM emails come just about 5 days behind. Tomorrow, I'm sure I'll get the emails from the PMs I got on Oct 4.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
comment was made in a subscribed thread on 10-06-2014, 07:36 AM

notification email came to my personal inbox on 10-9-14 @ 12:27 pm

now here's something to blow your mind. if i click on the "address bar" at the top of the email (where it lists the to, from, and all that stuff) look at the date and time....

matt159

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Southwest Iowa
I have seen the same thing as Bocephus. All e.mail notifications i receive are dated when they should have been sent... they just come several days late.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I got an email at about 3am for a PM that I received on October 3.

What I've noticed is that the PM emails come just about 5 days behind. Tomorrow, I'm sure I'll get the emails from the PMs I got on Oct 4.

I have not noticed that level of consistency, I just recieved the notification for Scott's quoted post. Last night I recieved two notifications for the same thread. One for the last post arrived "instantly" and about twenty minutes later a notification for another post in that thread that was posted days previously. FWIW

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I have not noticed that level of consistency, I just recieved the notification for Scott's quoted post. Last night I recieved two notifications for the same thread. One for the last post arrived "instantly" and about twenty minutes later a notification for another post in that thread that was posted days previously. FWIW

So post up when you get this notification. LOL

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont

And if you like emails...see if this one comes in at the same time. HAHA

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont

One more to win the trifecta.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
We JUST figured it out!

We have NOT solved the entire problem, but perhaps 50% of it is now behind us.

Some members should see a huge improvement in delivery today.

Others will see it by the end of the week.

A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
In the foothills of the Cascades
Admittedly, I didn't read all the pages in this thread BUT.
I've tried renewing my membership through every ling sent me, tried using the one at the top of the forum page... no luck, it just times out or doesn't connect.
I'd like to renew but this makes it just a little hard.
Anyone else having this problem?

AR.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The two issues were directly related to each other.
In the next 24 hours or so the entire problem should be resolved.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
what was wrong? all the icons by your user name slowing down the forum? :face-icon-small-win

Woodsrider

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska
Betting it has something to do with the annoying video pop up add top right. I have to turn volume down now. I through that sound was going to be shut off for premium members???

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
what was wrong? all the icons by your user name slowing down the forum? :face-icon-small-win
Long story, goes like this.

When we upgraded the servers last month, we also moved into a Tier 1 data center.

That means we got NEW IP addresses.
Unbeknownst to us we inherited an IP that had been black listed for SPAM.

This caused a really weird feedback look in our mail server.
It would send out a e-mail notfication.
The receiving ISP would reject it because it came from a blacklisted IP.
It would bounce back telling our server it wasn't delivered.
So we would try to send it again.
repeat over and over..

We had well over 10,000 e-mails in the outbound cue that were constantly recycling. SOME would eventually get out, and thats why you would see e-mails coming 2-5 days after the fact.

Most wouldn't.

So, we flushed the cue, and some of you INSTANTLY started getting your notifications. But the IP issue was unresolved. Hopefully by tonight we will have a new e-mail server online with a clean WHITE listed IP address. and in the next 24 hours or so 100% of our outbound e-mails should be back to normal.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Betting it has something to do with the annoying video pop up add top right. I have to turn volume down now. I through that sound was going to be shut off for premium members???
The only real solution is for you to use the NO-ADS option.
Everytime they rotate in a new add it seems to turn the auto-sound back on, and I simply have NO control over those ad placements.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
use firefox or google chrome browsers and get their "add block". i have no adds. that video still plays, but no sound comes out of it unless i hover the mouse over it.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
email notifications were doing good for about 12 hours. now they are lagging again. not as bad as before.........its about 10-15 hours of lag i am seeing.

Premium Features