• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 leaked photos

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Mountain Cat 162 was $15k last year.
Sure it won't go down for 19.
U may get a Polaris for less?

Alpha ......

And you get top of the line Fox QS3 shocks with the Cat. Take a Summit and add decent shocks and you are into it $17K - $18K. I can get a Polaris for 9K right now. Don't want one. Any other silly questions?

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
And you get top of the line Fox QS3 shocks with the Cat. Take a Summit and add decent shocks and you are into it $17K - $18K. I can get a Polaris for 9K right now. Don't want one. Any other silly questions?
Why don't u buy a 2018 Cat?
Get one for $12k now.

Alpha ......

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
Get one for $12k now.

Alpha ......

Cuz everything is all better now .. got a extra gallon of oil, 3 gallons of gas .. more ugly colors that you have no choice of !

Could loose some weight and make the steering correct but instead find more ways for customers to buy more stuff because the engineers can't figure this Skidonky out ..

You advertise for years the minimal oil consumption and great fuel mileage but the first accessories Donkey riders buy is Gas and Oil caddy's .. and on the way home buy a GPS from the Gun Shop !!

My Crappy Polaris uses 1 gallon per 55 gallons of gas gets 16.2 miles to the gallon and comes in any color you choose with a GPS mounted in it !! Of course I'm down 5 horse from your monsterous motor and can change my plugs in two minutes plus have Coil over suspension that actually works but with the Extra 80 pounds I don't lug around I can reach all the way to my key to start it I guess

Dam good advertising though wish Victory would have paid attention!!

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Cuz everything is all better now .. got a extra gallon of oil, 3 gallons of gas .. more ugly colors that you have no choice of !

Could loose some weight and make the steering correct but instead find more ways for customers to buy more stuff because the engineers can't figure this Skidonky out ..

You advertise for years the minimal oil consumption and great fuel mileage but the first accessories Donkey riders buy is Gas and Oil caddy's .. and on the way home buy a GPS from the Gun Shop !!

My Crappy Polaris uses 1 gallon per 55 gallons of gas gets 16.2 miles to the gallon and comes in any color you choose with a GPS mounted in it !! Of course I'm down 5 horse from your monsterous motor and can change my plugs in two minutes plus have Coil over suspension that actually works but with the Extra 80 pounds I don't lug around I can reach all the way to my key to start it I guess

You're riding the greatest snowmobile ever made yet you still have to troll over here and read about the garbage Ski Doo's we ride. :eyebrows:

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
spendy, 16,050 for a freeride 165 with shot. no wonder there isn't much hype over these new sleds. I cant see a lot of people buying 2019's

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Sorry guys, but ran into this leaked pic of the Doo design team.

I hope some of the issues you guys are having will be addressed on the '19 MY sleds. Ride safe and make it home for another day.....

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
You're riding the greatest snowmobile ever made yet you still have to troll over here and read about the garbage Ski Doo's we ride. :eyebrows:

Waiting for the 2019 850 Assault RMK I had to look and see what color you guys had to endure ! But thanks for the Flowers at least one of ya isn't drunk on yellow Kool-Aid

My two buds buy one every year and I have to look at them!!

In all honesty and Kicking while your down there !! The White is hard to make out in a low light day !!

Last edited:

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Waiting for the 2019 850 Assault RMK I had to look and see what color you guys had to endure !

My two buds buy one every year and I have to look at them!!

In all honesty and Kicking while your down there !! The White is hard to make out in a low light day !!

If you’re looking at them that means only one thing, you are behind them.

Last edited:
G
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
Rotax has multiple patent's approved for a 2 stroke electric assist turbo system (many of these patents approved in late 2015 and early 16), not exactly sure of total configuration but understand patent's include a liquid cooled pipe (sounds strange ??) with in/out/empty check off valve configuration ECU controlled. Gear/electric motor turbo assist. ECU to control the turbo air flow rate and boost pressure as it will be in full control of the compressor speed, the pipe (liquid or not) will also be electronically monitored by the ECU which will match the direct inject fuel flow rate with the return speed of back pressure for a more complete intake, combustion, exhaust cycle. Due to the increase in energy produced from a turbo at higher RPM the excess energy will be used to recharge a energy capacitor (super capacitor as BRP calls it) so the next low/mid RPM acceleration request the super capacitor will power an auxiliary gear/motor attached to the turbo to assist in initial turbine speed via ECU. The SHOT start system is evidence that they have a working capacitor charging system, (patent 2015) so now the extra energy harvested from the turbo can charge both of these systems and most likely hold a longer charge with an increased/improved capacitor capacity. You never know, BRP has patented a lot of crazy/strange things that have never made it to production this could very well be one of them. That said the 850 (G4) is prime for a turbo, cooling capacity chassis and motor, larger water pump, the HD crank and crank cooling/oiling, direct inject, cylinder coating, pistons, rings, the ECU is 2X faster then the previous version, super capacitor for storing needed energy all add up as a strong possibility. Maybe next year, maybe 2021/2022,, maybe never but it did take the ACE 900 5 years to add boost to it! I'm going to watch BRP Lynx site as well as they released this msg via facebook on Feb 15th, 2018
"So the testing of our new 2019 Lynx models going great! We have some really exciting news for you all". Release date for Lynx is normally around March 20th, but I don't have the date, sorry.

N
Dec 18, 2012
Bothell, Wa

Anyone who calculates such minimal oil consumption and detailed miles per gallon is not a mountain rider. I've never once cared about fuel mileage or has it ever once crossed my mind to calculate mpg. If I'm on the trail long enough to figure out mileage there's something wrong. The powder is where I'm headed and the track is always spinnin! ...but that's just me, go ahead and calculate away.

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
Anyone who calculates such minimal oil consumption and detailed miles per gallon is not a mountain rider. I've never once cared about fuel mileage or has it ever once crossed my mind to calculate mpg. If I'm on the trail long enough to figure out mileage there's something wrong. The powder is where I'm headed and the track is always spinnin! ...but that's just me, go ahead and calculate away.

I didn't start that argument ! That is Skidoos claim to fame .. Unbelievable Fuel economy and only need oil once a season ..

I use 5-10 gallons of oil a year and who knows how much gas I just keep it full and never need a Reserve tank ..

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Knowing how far you can ride in different conditions with how much gas you have is valuable info to have when you actually ride your sled in the mountains, but I can see where guys that just ride close to their truck don't need to calculate MPGs ;-)

And a guy who is a destination rider who likes to tour the mountains is worried about packing gas vs a guy who doesn't want to go more than 2 miles on a groomed trail and hits the most technical terrain as close to his truck as possible. BTW my dad can beat up your dad and I am awesome at Forum snowmobiling :face-icon-small-coo

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Rotax has multiple patent's approved for a 2 stroke electric assist turbo system (many of these patents approved in late 2015 and early 16), not exactly sure of total configuration but understand patent's include a liquid cooled pipe (sounds strange ??) with in/out/empty check off valve configuration ECU controlled. Gear/electric motor turbo assist. ECU to control the turbo air flow rate and boost pressure as it will be in full control of the compressor speed, the pipe (liquid or not) will also be electronically monitored by the ECU which will match the direct inject fuel flow rate with the return speed of back pressure for a more complete intake, combustion, exhaust cycle. Due to the increase in energy produced from a turbo at higher RPM the excess energy will be used to recharge a energy capacitor (super capacitor as BRP calls it) so the next low/mid RPM acceleration request the super capacitor will power an auxiliary gear/motor attached to the turbo to assist in initial turbine speed via ECU. The SHOT start system is evidence that they have a working capacitor charging system, (patent 2015) so now the extra energy harvested from the turbo can charge both of these systems and most likely hold a longer charge with an increased/improved capacitor capacity. You never know, BRP has patented a lot of crazy/strange things that have never made it to production this could very well be one of them. That said the 850 (G4) is prime for a turbo, cooling capacity chassis and motor, larger water pump, the HD crank and crank cooling/oiling, direct inject, cylinder coating, pistons, rings, the ECU is 2X faster then the previous version, super capacitor for storing needed energy all add up as a strong possibility. Maybe next year, maybe 2021/2022,, maybe never but it did take the ACE 900 5 years to add boost to it! I'm going to watch BRP Lynx site as well as they released this msg via facebook on Feb 15th, 2018
"So the testing of our new 2019 Lynx models going great! We have some really exciting news for you all". Release date for Lynx is normally around March 20th, but I don't have the date, sorry.

Makes sense, Seadoos and other watercraft use exhaust that runs coolant through them. The tech is there, just depends on when we see it all in production.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Get one for $12k now.

Alpha ......

The ones that you can find are not the Mountain Cat package, I have two new Doos with less than 500 miles on them that I like, it has been a ****ty winter, I am not made of money? Next year we will see. I know what guys here paid for Mountain Cats last year, and it was SOOOO far less than what next year's Doo MSRP is, it is sad.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
The ones that you can find are not the Mountain Cat package, I have two new Doos with less than 500 miles on them that I like, it has been a ****ty winter, I am not made of money? Next year we will see. I know what guys here paid for Mountain Cats last year, and it was SOOOO far less than what next year's Doo MSRP is, it is sad.
Here u go.
d639ac00a823f8d3686355e6da772890.jpg

Alpha ......

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Why are we comparing 2019 skidoo prices with 2018 cats? I just looked at searchtempest and found new 2018 summit sp 175" SHOT for $11,300 to $11,900. Which also has nothing to do with 2019 MSRP. And who actually pays MSRP for snowcheck?

But the economy is good and prices for all powersports is jumping up each year for even unchanged models. Just the way it is. Buy or don't buy. Or buy the outgoing model year with their typical big rebates. Or keep the sled you have. Do what is right for you and who cares what everyone else is doing. Nice things are expensive! Ha. My advice is save up and pay cash; don't buy if you need to get a loan.

Last edited:
Premium Features